2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

50 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Depends on the OC. 

Right now I'd wait to see what happens with Lamar Jackson. 

You’re not worried about the long term success with Jackson with his running style and how he’s missed a bunch of games the last couple years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re not worried about the long term success with Jackson with his running style and how he’s missed a bunch of games the last couple years?

If ima swing ima swing big first. 

As for his running style I think we can reign it in and if we fix the OL, which is no guarantee we should be able to keep him healthy. 

It's a risky bet to take but I'd be happier with that than going after Carr. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We also tried those approaches.

Win now guy- Brett Favre. 

Mid Round Guys- Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Geno Smith, James Morgan.

For the record We were one of the best teams in football with Farve until he got hurt in the Denver game and didnt tell anyone.  Geno and Hack were second round picks.  

We tried 3 times to pick a QB in the Top 10

Darnold, Wilson, Sanchez.  

Sanchez was ascending and we torpedoed him with garbage oline, Geno, Tebow and replaced his receivers (Edward's and Cotchery) with aging vets (Burress and Mason).  The last good QB we drafted was Chad Pennington and he was the 18th pick in the draft.

We dont have a high pick and hopefully we wont but that doesnt mean we cant draft a guy in the mid (trade up) to late first round and develop.

Patrick Mahomes was the 10th pick in the draft.  Here is what KC did to acquire him.  

• Buffalo Bills traded No. 10 pick to Kansas City Chiefs for No. 27 pick, No. 91 pick, and a 2018 first-round pick

I would rather have a QB and make a trade like this to develop one.  It means we are winning.

This weekend show how vital the coaching of these players is. 49ers get their QB rolling behind the run and it opens up the offense. Seahawks do the same and Geno makes some big plays to make the first half interesting. Chargers fail to establish a run game and Herbert fails to bring it home. Jaguars see Lawrence is struggling but they settle him down with some easy stuff and his regains his confidence and brings it home.

We would have booed, had our receiver throwing a fit, ran for -2 yards a carry, called for Streveler, benched Zach, broke Mike White ribs and had Flacco running rollouts while scoring 6 lol.

3 hours ago, Heymangold said:

would it be nuts to call SF to see what the Trey Lance price tag would be?

I don’t think it would I’d be for it but it’s a pretty big gamble on another guy that might not add stability to this team

3 hours ago, Heymangold said:

would it be nuts to call SF to see what the Trey Lance price tag would be?

If we miss out on the other good options and the price is right,  it's not crazy to look into.  I don't care how we find our QB or how much we spend, we need just need to get it done.