2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

We got a super serious problem we are going into the off season without a starting QB, this has never happened in our history. And we can't count on Wilson., We have to get one before the draft., that is a for sure. Who knows what this going cost in draft  picks & money.

The Jets do this every year, they just don’t realize it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This will be interesting because they’re saying he wants be an NFL head coach and the way to do that is by being an NFL OC. But if the Chargers are gonna look for a new OC then that seems like the best landing spot for him.

Huge fan of his but I don't know if he is a fit here. 

19 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

This is my point tho. We have a good indication of who will and won't be available and you can't come up with a name better than derek carr. I'm not even hating it's just a fact. 

You are hating. Lamar, Rodgers, Brady all better than Carr. What if Prescott becomes available, Tannehill might be cut, Mayfield is an option as well. 

So again its all about who is available. Yall acting like Carr is Tom Brady. 

35 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You are hating. Lamar, Rodgers, Brady all better than Carr. What if Prescott becomes available, Tannehill might be cut, Mayfield is an option as well. 

So again its all about who is available. Yall acting like Carr is Tom Brady. 

I think you and I might be the only ones on this board who are on board with the following: 

- Hire an OC/QB coach that has experience with young QBs.

-Spend necessary money on a good OL coach. (Callahan for example)

-Sign Tannehill or similar vet QB.                

- Assess where Zach is after an offseason/season with new OC/QB coach.

-Draft a developmental QB next year.

-Pray JD/Saleh made the right decisions and we finally have a franchise QB.

Edited by Mattmanz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why not?

He loves the vertical passing game first and foremost. I don't know if Saleh wants a guy like that. I think he wants to run the ball more. Hey I would be PUMPED for him to be here. I just feel like Saleh is going to hire someone he knows or who is a little more run heavy. May also feel threatened by Monken? I think Monken would be a terrific hire though. 

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He loves the vertical passing game first and foremost. I don't know if Saleh wants a guy like that. I think he wants to run the ball more. Hey I would be PUMPED for him to be here. I just feel like Saleh is going to hire someone he knows or who is a little more run heavy. May also feel threatened by Monken? I think Monken would be a terrific hire though. 

If Saleh decides not to hire a very good/proven OC because he feels threatened by him that's a massive problem. Get the best man for the job and work together to build a consistent winner. 

Edited by Mattmanz
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

I think you and I might be the only ones on this board who are on board with the following: 

I am on board with this also

I’m not a huge fan of Saleh and it was always ZW or bust for this regime. Carr or Lamar aren’t it. We aren’t in some Super Bowl window like some want to think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not a huge fan of Saleh and it was always ZW or bust for this regime. Carr or Lamar aren’t it. We aren’t in some Super Bowl window like some want to think.

Welcome aboard lol 

Only reason I'm against drafting a developmental QB this year is I don't want to hurt Zach's confidence even more. Bringing in a vet for him to watch and learn from is one thing, bringing in his potential replacement sends a counter productive message too soon. Also, next year's QB class has significantly more potential, especially for developmental guys. Nix, Ewers, Rattler just to name a few. 

Edited by Mattmanz

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I get it. I wonder what Saleh is looking for. This safe approach on offense doesn’t really fit our personnel. Wilson and Moore are explosive as hell, Davis and Mims are big vertical targets as well as Conklin and Uzomah who should thrive up the seams. Wilson has a big arm. This is a natural fit personnel wise but I doubt we make the move. Saleh’s run the ball, lean on the defense approach sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Me too. To me this is what needs to be done. Carr creates this false sense of who we are and we’ll fall very short of expectations. Lamar would cost us our next 2 years and that’s too risky.

2 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

This is the way

• Like 1