2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Gase ruined Darnold but no one is at fault for Wilson.

Why does it matter who’s fault it is? He was an extreme liability all season and proved he has no business being this teams quarterback next season. Maybe he works his tail off in practice and if our starter goes down he gets a shot and improves but for now he isn’t even a possibility as the day 1 starter. It’s time to move on sometimes guys don’t end up being who you thought you drafted

33 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No not without bringing in competition, I'm again the Derek Carr or bust nonsense. 

I think Carr is the best option for us. 100% not in the Carr or we failed boat. I’d be open to Lamar. I’d be open to Jimmy G. What I’m not open to is Zach in a QB competition. 

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Why does it matter who’s fault it is? He was an extreme liability all season and proved he has no business being this teams quarterback next season. Maybe he works his tail off in practice and if our starter goes down he gets a shot and improves but for now he isn’t even a possibility as the day 1 starter. It’s time to move on sometimes guys don’t end up being who you thought you drafted

All you people have a good point what we should do to get a QB, right now I am lost all I know no matter who we get it is going to cost us a fortune. We could end up losing draft picks & cap space. There is only one person that we should blame and that is our number one draft pick Zach Wilson.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wait I thought Gase wasn’t the problem was your line of thinking a couple years ago? And now Wilson isn’t the problem apparently either for you. Hmmmmmmm

Gase was the ONLY one getting blame. Wilson is the ONLY one getting blame. 

Just because yall don't like someone doesn't mean they're the problem. 

Jimmy G on a short contract is the best bet if they can make it happen. Playoff experience, can handle the NY pressure.

Carr I could eventually get used to, though I don’t have any faith he’s taking us anywhere in the postseason. I don’t like how Raiders fans say he can’t handle criticism. That won’t bode well for him here from the media/fans.

Lamar Jackson is the one move I can’t get behind whatsoever.  If Douglas is dumb enough to make that move I’ll be laughing at the Jets for the next few years.

Because of his Feb 15th, I think we will trade for Carr. The LJ situation will probably take a while and JD may not risk waiting to see if LJ hits the market or not. 

If Carr is cut, we would have to find a way to free up at least $30M for him alone this season. If we package players in a deal for him, we can take his contract on and restructure it to soften the cap hit this offseason. Then rework some of the other deals on the roster to free up more room. 

Another reason I don’t want to doll out a massive contract to any of these FA QBs.. in the event we are looking for a new HC after this season (Saleh left a lot to be desired) it’s going to be harder to lure a new coach in here if he doesn’t like said QB and they are a huge portion of our cap. A lot of these guys want to pick their own QB.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Under no circumstances can Zach be the incumbent, he hasn't earned it. But he deserves a fair shot with a new offensive coordinator. 

There is not one person on this board I blame for the failure of all our high QB's draft picks who bomb out. OUR FRONT OFFICE has to take the blame on this Wilson mess. Right now Zach Wilson, has this Jet team all screw up, if he wasn't the second overall pick in the draft he would be long gone by now. We have to get a real QB before the draft or we will screw that up too.

Edited by doumeyer

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Another reason I don’t want to doll out a massive contract to any of these FA QBs.. in the event we are looking for a new HC after this season (Saleh left a lot to be desired) it’s going to be harder to lure a new coach in here if he doesn’t like said QB and they are a huge portion of our cap. A lot of these guys want to pick their own QB.

This. 

I'd rather go at with Zach + a vet and if they bomb we're in prime position for Caleb Williams and a guy like Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton if he doesn't take a job this season since Douglas and Saleh will be gone. 

So much better than Carr and an 8 win ceiling. 

• Like 1