2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

29 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

THE PROBLEM  IS ABE WITH THE TALENT WE NOW HAVE at WR WE CAN'T AFFORD TO GO CHEAP. You take Jmmy G away from the 49ers offensive and you got a average player. Sure Jimmy G  is better than anybody we have on the team now but is he good enough to take us deep into the playoffs?

How did Rodgers look this year?  He is in decline and at $40M to go with loss of draft picks to trade for him, no thanks.  He, along with Brady, will most likely be a one and done QB then we will having this same discussion next year.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

How did Rodgers look this year?  He is in decline and at $40M to go with loss of draft picks to trade for him, no thanks.  He, along with Brady, will most likely be a one and done QB then we will having this same discussion next year.

Now you all see why I'm pushing to make an aggressive move for the younger cheaper CJ Stroud...

44 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

THE PROBLEM  IS ABE WITH THE TALENT WE NOW HAVE at WR WE CAN'T AFFORD TO GO CHEAP. You take Jmmy G away from the 49ers offensive and you got a average player. Sure Jimmy G  is better than anybody we have on the team now but is he good enough to take us deep into the playoffs?

I dont wanna go cheap, but u said need those high picks to build the oline and Rodgers would cost the highest picks of those qbs u named.

Im still in the offer whatever it takes for Lamar Jackson camp. Ravens can say whatever about wanting to keep him, but at the end of the day money talks, so if they are not willing to give what Lamar wants, so other team will.

41 minutes ago, Big T said:

Between Carr, Jimmy G, and Rodgers and lets throw Brady into the mix. Rodgers and Brady really don't give a hoot who the OC is. They are going to run the O and the OC will adjust to how they game plan.

As for Carr and Jimmy G, having an OC they are comfortable with becomes an issue and could result in their making the jump to the Jets or not.

So our search for an OC who Carr or Jimmy G is comfortable with would be the catalyst to they're wanting to come to N.Y. outside of the money.

N.Y. is a very desirable team to play for going forward, they have a defense which should be better year 2, the OL is going to be better as the Jets add another OL from the draft and the O is better with Wilson and B.Hall. 

Joe D I think makes a few trades this off season with either picks for this year or next. 

I can also see the Jets resigning or adjusting Davis contract and adding a playmaking RB to the mix. The Jets running game outside of Hall is weak and old. 

So OL, RB, WR, LB, S, I can see in the upcoming draft.

But QB we will not see until we see the OC and who they bring along as QBC and OLC. 

Then they will have the pieces in place to entice a QB to come to the Jets.

NYJ is never a desirable team to play for between the Johnson's, media pressure, and NY state taxes. Don't kid yourself. 

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

I dont wanna go cheap, but u said need those high picks to build the oline and Rodgers would cost the highest picks of those qbs u named.

Im still in the offer whatever it takes for Lamar Jackson camp. Ravens can say whatever about wanting to keep him, but at the end of the day money talks, so if they are not willing to give what Lamar wants, so other team will.

Lamar is not a thrower and his legs will eventually break down and you're gonna be stuck with an albatross of a contract for a RB playing QB, and you're gonna be unhappy again in 3 years when we have no cap, no picks, no QB, and no playoff success...

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Lamar is not a thrower and his legs will eventually break down and you're gonna be stuck with an albatross of a contract for a RB playing QB, and you're gonna be unhappy again in 3 years when we have no cap, no picks, no QB, and no playoff success...

Well that RB won an MVP, has a 3-1 TD to INT ratio, all with arguably the worst WR core in the NFL in his tenure, and is 14 years younger than Rodgers.

Hypothetically if Lamar was on this year team and AVT and Hall dont get hurt, Jets are playing this upcoming weekend.

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Well that RB won an MVP, has a 3-1 TD to INT ratio, all with arguably the worst WR core in the NFL in his tenure, and is 14 years younger than Rodgers.

Hypothetically if Lamar was on this year team and AVT and Hall dont get hurt, Jets are playing this upcoming weekend.

Hypothetically if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. I don't do hypotheticals and you're reaching far.

You're turning the clock back 3 years buddy, you're absolutely fooling yourself if that's what you're expecting out of Lamar. I've seen much worse receiving corps than Hollywood-Andrews-Bateman too.

When was the last time he played a full season or his passing stats didn't decline year after year? Even his rushing numbers are declining... it's not a sustainable playing style.

Edited by jetjuice

6 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Hypothetically if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. I don't do hypotheticals and you're reaching far.

You're turning the clock back 3 years buddy, you're absolutely fooling yourself if that's what you're expecting out of Lamar. I've seen much worse receiving corps than Hollywood-Andrews-Bateman too.

When was the last time he played a full season or his passing stats didn't decline year after year?

Actually think im underselling instead of reaching

And I said WR core, not TEs.  Bateman has barely played, Brown is a solid 2, terrible 1.  Lamar had to do most of his damage with guys like Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, completely washed up Sammy Watkins.

And CJ Stroud is a great idea, take another rookie when the gm and coach are on the hot seat and another non playoff year will prob cost them their jobs and then Stroud will have a new coach and gm with no ties to him, learn another system and will be failed like Zach was.

33 minutes ago, xrade said:

Cone on he lost his best receivers to FA last year and he was very unhappy with the moves the Packer front office made before the start of the la 2022 season 

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

Actually think im underselling instead of reaching

And I said WR core, not TEs.  Bateman has barely played, Brown is a solid 2, terrible 1.  Lamar had to do most of his damage with guys like Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, completely washed up Sammy Watkins.

And CJ Stroud is a great idea, take another rookie when the gm and coach are on the hot seat and another non playoff year will prob cost them their jobs and then Stroud will have a new coach and gm with no ties to him, learn another system and will be failed like Zach was.

TE absolutely counts... they catch passes too, try telling that to the Chiefs and Travis Kelce, or the 49ers and George Kittle after last night.

You're assuming that we make the playoffs and win a game. That's not an undersell, that's a massive reach until we prove otherwise. 

I'd rather take a gamble on the kid from OSU who damn near beat Georgia without his top pass catcher... reunite him with GW and not only does that possibly buy our brass more time, but it's very likely that he winds up our best overall option as a passer for the next 5 years, even amongst A-Rod and Lamar. That in and of itself is worth the gamble especially when you consider how much less it'll cost over time.

33 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

TE absolutely counts... they catch passes too, try telling that to the Chiefs and Travis Kelce, or the 49ers and George Kittle after last night.

You're assuming that we make the playoffs and win a game. That's not an undersell, that's a massive reach until we prove otherwise. 

I'd rather take a gamble on the kid from OSU who damn near beat Georgia without his top pass catcher... reunite him with GW and not only does that possibly buy our brass more time, but it's very likely that he winds up our best overall option as a passer for the next 5 years, even amongst A-Rod and Lamar. That in and of itself is worth the gamble especially when you consider how much less it'll cost over time.

Their is no more time to buy, if the playoff drought doesnt end this upcoming season, it will be the end for this staff

The rookie talk is pointless, they are going to acquire a vet, not sure which one, but it will be one of them and can see a qb being drafted in the mid rounds to try and develop

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Their is no more time to buy, if the playoff drought doesnt end this upcoming season, it will be the end for this staff

The rookie talk is pointless, they are going to acquire a vet, not sure which one, but it will be one of them and can see a qb being drafted in the mid rounds to try and develop

So if the rookie is the best overall passer in a vacuum, we're gonna pass on him simply because he's a rookie?

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So if the rookie is the best overall passer in a vacuum, we're gonna pass on him simply because he's a rookie?

Yup

Jets arent trading multiple 1sts to move up for a rookie when getting an established vet wont cost much more or in some cases like Carr significantly less

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Yup

Jets arent trading multiple 1sts to move up for a rookie when getting an established vet wont cost much more or in some cases like Carr significantly less

So instead they will trade multiple firsts for a one year rental, or a ticking time bomb that isn't even that great of a thrower anyway? And commit massive cap space to this individual? 

Trading for Carr is accepting QB purgatory IMO. That's the absolute worst choice we could make.

We also need to stop assuming that A) Lamar is even gonna be available for trade, and B) he's gonna choose us as his destination if he is. 

Edited by jetjuice