2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

On 1/23/2023 at 11:05 PM, jetjuice said:

The fact that you're opening up your argument with PFF stats... yikes.

I hate the argument that a guy isn't good just because they had talent around them. I guess Joe Burrow couldn't have been good on his own at LSU just because he had Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson catching passes. Like it's his fault that OSU had good receivers. Yet when Stroud is without GW, Olave, JSN and Marvin Harrison Jr. against Georgia, the best defense in the country, he damn near beats them singlehandedly in a stellar performance.

You hold those Michigan losses against him as if A) he played poorly in those two games and B) he didn't just happen to run into the two best Michigan teams of the decade... he played decent enough in both games to not be scared off and overlook the rest of his career, and don't act like Fields did anything special because he played a much lesser Michigan squad just once back in 2019. Stroud is without a doubt the better passer compared to Fields. He went over 300 yards passing in 15 games in college out of 25 games, Fields did that in just 7 of 22 games. Stroud also went over 400 four times which Fields has never done, and threw for 573 against Utah. The kid is a stud and I'd take him over just about every other available option at QB.

Ever hear of a guy named Dwayne haskins?

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Terrible, terrible, terrible move.

This is very disheartening.

I don't think it is. This is setting up for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers loves this guy as his OC. He played some of his best games with Hackett as the OC. To much writting on the wall here. Rodgers coming here to me is now more like 80-20 chance now. 

Just now, Greene N White said:

Ever hear of a guy named Dwayne haskins?

Brother, until you go watch the Georgia game and get back to me with an assessment on his play vs the top defense in the country, I do not care what you have to say. You're looking at all the wrong aspects of this picture as a whole.

Dwayne Haskins is not Justin Fields is not CJ Stroud. They are all different individuals. And Haskins had a different coach.

Look no further than Alabama, their QB history was bad until Tua came along.

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think it is. This is setting up for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers loves this guy as his OC. He played some of his best games with Hackett as the OC. To much writting on the wall here. Rodgers coming here to me is now more like 80-20 chance now. 

I don't want to mortgage our future for one year of over-the-hill Rodgers. This is a desperation move. Same old Jets.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

If this lands them Rodgers I get it. Otherwise this is a terrible hire no matter which way you spin it imo. Hackett hasn’t done much of anything in the NFL unless he has Rodgers.

Even if this does land us Rodgers it's still a mistake...

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I don't want to mortgage our future for one year of over-the-hill Rodgers. This is a desperation move. Same old Jets.

So you would not move a first round pick to have 2 years of having a great chance to get to the super bowl and have a QB groom behind him in those 2 years. I want Will Rodgers to learn from Aaron. 

6 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

If this lands them Rodgers I get it. Otherwise this is a terrible hire no matter which way you spin it imo. Hackett hasn’t done much of anything in the NFL unless he has Rodgers.

Rodgers is coming. Namath said he can wear 12, Rex been calling for him along with the Jet fans. This just makes too much sense. I like it. This team has shown it can not get a QB right. Then you do the next best thing and get the best QB on the market and that is Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

So you would not move a first round pick to have 2 years of having a great chance to get to the super bowl and have a QB groom behind him in those 2 years. I want Will Rodgers to learn from Aaron. 

You need to stop assuming that A) he's even gonna play for 2 more years, B) that he's going to play at a high level, and C) that this instantly makes us Super Bowl contenders. It does NOT. We still need to get out of our bottom dweller position in the AFCE and form a roster that can beat Cincy and KC in the playoffs. He wasn't even above .500 in GB this past year.

Rodgers is a shell of his old self, he has one foot out the door to retirement, and he's going to say all the wrong things in the media to make himself public enemy #1 when things go wrong.

So no, I would not move a first round pick. I would continue to build thru the draft like the remaining 4 playoff teams did with their QBs.