2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

52 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Okudah played well until his concussion. Everyone was happy with his progress until then. But sure, let’s switch up now. 

Nah. Not buying it. He's now had one stretch of a few games, in three years, where he wasn't terrible, and even in that stretch he was much better in run support than coverage. If the Lions agreed with you they wouldn't have gone after not one but two starting corners in FA.

4 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Nah. Not buying it. He's now had one stretch of a few games, in three years, where he wasn't terrible, and even in that stretch he was much better in run support than coverage. If the Lions agreed with you they wouldn't have gone after not one but two starting corners in FA.

Not sure if serious. Our secondary outside of Kerby, few games from Okudah and few game is Jacobs was trash. I’m sure their free agency moves was as simple as an indictment of Okudah. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Not sure if serious. Our secondary outside of Kerby, few games from Okudah and few game is Jacobs was trash. I’m sure their free agency moves was as simple as an indictment of Okudah. 

Let me make it clear if you don't think I'm serious. Okudah sucks and they should cut him.

I don't get all the Carter love, even before the off field concerns I just didn't see him as this elite can't miss prospect everyone talks about him being.

I only watched 3 or 4 Georgia games last year but he never stood out, including the playoffs where you barely even noticed he was on the field. True elite d-line prospects don't have that... They consistently stand out on tape and make you notice them. Carter doesn't have that... He has multiple game stretches where he's a complete non factor... That's not an elite can't miss prospect.

Plus as I've mentioned before I remember very vividly the last dominant DT with character concerns we drafted and it didn't work out well.... And Fairley had MUCH better tape than Carter.

• Like 1

I am having a tough time understanding why the top tackle prospects are being mocked at mid-first round picks.  Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones seem like really high-end tackle prospects.  Skoronski with his 32" arm length falling a little bit is somewhat understandable.  However, Johnson and Jones have a ton of experience against high-level competition and have really good measurables on top of all of that.  Maybe it is more about projected team needs.  Weird.

• Like 1