2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

11 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Reports are Lions are trading for Jets WR Denzel Mims. No details yet. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-trading-denzel-mims-to-lions-swapping-picks-as-new-york-deals-former-second-round-wr-per-report/

A 2025 6th for a 2025 7th.  I honestly think that was probably too much to give up since Antoine Green only has 15 less NFL catches than Mims and both have a similar style but at least this guarantees we get a look at him.  I feel like there are still free agents available or other projects we could have taken on that would have been better options, but not sure on availability.  Would have liked to make a similar move for D'Wayne Eskridge or KJ Hamler or just signed N'Keal Harry for a project or Sammy Watkins if we want a vet.  

25 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions cut Michael Badgley. Not shocking after they traded for Patterson. 

Hmm... interesting move. I guess Patterson has won the job for now unless the XFL guy (name escapes me right now) somehow blows him out of the water. 

The pick for Mims is conditional and we only give it up if he makes the roster. 

I love that move. He could definitely fill at least a short-term role for us with Jamo out and he at least has an opportunity to do more. Guys like Raymond or even Jones/Reynolds are fine but we needed more depth and we didn't have anyone with the size/speed of Mims to fill that role. Our bigger guys are slow, our faster guys are small. 

Maybe he's nothing - if he is it's not like we gave up anything. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

The pick for Mims is conditional and we only give it up if he makes the roster. 

I love that move. He could definitely fill at least a short-term role for us with Jamo out and he at least has an opportunity to do more. Guys like Raymond or even Jones/Reynolds are fine but we needed more depth and we didn't have anyone with the size/speed of Mims to fill that role. Our bigger guys are slow, our faster guys are small. 

Maybe he's nothing - if he is it's not like we gave up anything. 

Thats a better deal than the Trinity Benson move.  Conditional makes sense given he was about to be cut and has a total of 15 career catches.  

• Like 4