Do you still believe in Kyler Murray as a potential elite QB?

notthatbluestuff

I think the Kyler hate is starting to get blown out of proportion. Is he going to be patrick mahomes? No. Would half of the league take him in a heart beat? Yes. I think he's starting to become underrated in the same sense that Justin Herbert is. You start to overrate these guys and put them in conversations they don't belong in in the first place and when they inevitably don't achieve the sky high expectations that were set for them people start to think they're bad and rate other guys who outperform expectations above them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

I think the Kyler hate is starting to get blown out of proportion. Is he going to be patrick mahomes? No. Would half of the league take him in a heart beat? Yes. I think he's starting to become underrated in the same sense that Justin Herbert is. You start to overrate these guys and put them in conversations they don't belong in in the first place and when they inevitably don't achieve the sky high expectations that were set for them people start to think they're bad and rate other guys who outperform expectations above them.

Justin Herbert is better than Kyler, assuming both healthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greene N White said:

1/2 of the league wouldn't take him in a heartbeat with that contract alone, not to mention the alleged attitude/work ethic concerns.

Would they take him on a rookie deal? Sure.

Would all of those teams rather have Jared Goff or Kirk Cousins? Absolutely

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

1/2 of the league wouldn't take him in a heartbeat with that contract alone, not to mention the alleged attitude/work ethic concerns.

Would they take him on a rookie deal? Sure.

Would all of those teams rather have Jared Goff or Kirk Cousins? Absolutely

I think the attitude/work ethic concerns are blown way out of proportion. Would you rather have the guy playing video games or going out to night clubs?

7 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I think the attitude/work ethic concerns are blown way out of proportion. Would you rather have the guy playing video games or going out to night clubs?

Aside from the fact that he's WAY overpaid and has one of the worst contracts in football, it really more or less makes that irrelevant until he proves otherwise. What he does outside of that doesn't really factor in considering his on field production is well below his contract. 

16 game averages:

Player A:

Has Played 5 Seasons

62.5% Completion

3822 Passing Yards

641 Rushing Yards

37 Total TDs

12 INT

Player B:

Has played 4 seasons

66.8% Completion

3866 Passing Yards

619 Rushing Yards

30 Total TDs

11 INT

Player A is Josh Allen, Player B is Kyler Murray.

Obviously I'm taking Josh over him as their careers have taken a different path. But the guy can play football.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from the fact that he's WAY overpaid and has one of the worst contracts in football, it really more or less makes that irrelevant until he proves otherwise. What he does outside of that doesn't really factor in considering his on field production is well below his contract. 

His contract just looks bad right now because he was the last big time QB to get extended. Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, Lawrence will all get bigger deals than he did. Hurts probably will too.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

16 game averages:

Player A:

Has Played 5 Seasons

62.5% Completion

3822 Passing Yards

641 Rushing Yards

37 Total TDs

12 INT

Player B:

Has played 4 seasons

66.8% Completion

3866 Passing Yards

619 Rushing Yards

30 Total TDs

11 INT

Player A is Josh Allen, Player B is Kyler Murray.

Obviously I'm taking Josh over him as their careers have taken a different path. But the guy can play football.

One guy has shown after his first two years that he's an elite QB after a rocky 2 year start, the other has folded down the stretch every year he's played.

• Like 1

Just now, Greene N White said:

His contract just looks bad right now because he was the last big time QB to get extended. Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, Lawrence will all get bigger deals than he did. Hurts probably will too.

No, if he was a good to elite QB, nobody would care about his contract. He's making Mahomes/Allen money and getting mid tier results. Burrow is ELITE. Herbert is great despite next to no running game and a depleted WR corps. Lawrence looks like the real deal and a future stud with a bunch of castoff overpaid weapons. Kyler Murray looks like a dude who has plateaued and incapable of making the next step or carrying a team on his back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No, if he was a good to elite QB, nobody would care about his contract. He's making Mahomes/Allen money and getting mid tier results. Burrow is ELITE. Herbert is great despite next to no running game and a depleted WR corps. Lawrence looks like the real deal and a future stud with a bunch of castoff overpaid weapons. Kyler Murray looks like a dude who has plateaued and incapable of making the next step or carrying a team on his back.

That's kind of just how QB contracts work tho. Whoever is the top guy up for an extension at the time inks the highest deal and then by the end of it it somewhat looks like a bargain. By the end of Kyler's contract he might not even be in the top 10. It's not the best contract obviously but I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be imo.