Do you still believe in Kyler Murray as a potential elite QB?

notthatbluestuff

Unless he really is willing to put in the time and effort, no I've seen enough.   Especially when you factor in that most of his great plays come from his agility/ability to extend plays, when that fades even a small bit....man, it's pretty ugly.     And we see that if teams can simply keep him in the pocket, his effectiveness is drastically reduced.

Don't get me wrong, there are likely 12+ teams that would take him happily - but the issue about his work ethic, and what we see on the field when he faces adversity, geting to elite status?   Nope - I'm not even sure he's going to be a top 10 QB most years (disclaimer - talking IRL - fantasy-wise, mobile QB's get to top 10 even when they're not even close to top 10 QB's IRL - see Jalen Hurts 2021).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

TBH, I never did. I thought the Cardinals might be able to negate alot of the issues I had with him. But if I were a new head coach trying to find a job, I'm not sure I'd want to take that situation on, especially now with the injury. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Cardinals move on from Kyler in the next year or two once a new GM/Coach come in and want to build a team in their image. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 3

Never saw it to begin with. 

Lazy, entitled, totally money driven, immature, daddy was his PR guy, overly reliant on a gimmick offense...dude was, and is, exactly what you hope not to get when you take a QB early in the draft.

He's not a total bust you can easily move away from, but he's not particularly good either and his ceiling was, regardless of what people say, about as high as he is tall. It was never going to last and he doesn't have the raw skill or desire to overcome things once he got figured out. 

Arizona got punked into his extension, and they're still now coachless and stuck as the worst team in their division. 

• Like 5