Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Not a fan of the LV-NE trade for either team. Maybe McDaniels can revive Jones but he's at best the 3rd best QB in that division and more likely 4th if Payton gets more production from Wilson. For the Patriots, it leaves a hole at QB and teams can go a while trying to fix the position. 

Other than Rodgers there wasn't a QB available that would've been the 2nd best QB in our division and he would've cost a first and had a significant cap hit. We didn't trust any of the QB's that are going to be there at #7 and we didn't want to overpay for someone like Jimmy G. We'll roll with Mac for the year on his rookie deal, upgrade the roster everywhere else, and if things don't work out we can move on with no financial implications. 

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

no worse than what it was prior to trading Mac

70% completion 201 ypg 100 passer rating

66.5% completion 214 ypg 89 passer rating

Tell me which is Mac and which is Zappe then which you'd rather have

2022?  I think I put an asterisk on it.  I thought you made room for a veteran or better qb. 

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

IMO the Colts got the better of the trade with the Bears. IRL, it will cost more to get to #1. Pittman is a good WR2 but not a WR1.

I agree it likely takes more to move up as likely more than 1 team will be interested in moving up for a QB.

Regarding the #1 WR, there aren't more than 10-12 true WR1 in the league and few are available in reality for a decent cost.

Thoughts on my 38 million dollar center and the rest...haha.

Ethan Pocic C
Julian Love S
Fabian Moreau CB

The big contracts were all my coGM.  I scrambled at the end to bid on J. Love and Odell.  Changed my bid on Odell like 4 times his name was spelled Barkley there for a minute.  I just have not had the chance to really game plan this year.  Gonna have to come up with some solutions so that I can get back to spending some time on my own team.

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Not a fan of the LV-NE trade for either team. Maybe McDaniels can revive Jones but he's at best the 3rd best QB in that division and more likely 4th if Payton gets more production from Wilson. For the Patriots, it leaves a hole at QB and teams can go a while trying to fix the position. 

This doesn't make sense to me. Mac is a bad investment going to an offense he knows well but also leaves a hole at QB for the Patriots?