Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

yeah so you have the reserve contracts that are like back pocket bids that only come into play if another team is making an offer on them.  Otherwise they remain a UFA until these restrictions are removed later in the mock.

Then you have the UFA/ Resign bids 4 ufa or resign you decide by changing it in the workbook and the one fixed resign bid (last one).  

reserve isn't calculated into the cap but the ufa/resign bids are counted and you must not go over the cap or your bids are declined.  Basically, you have to have the cap if you land them.

Sorry. I'm still confused. I'll bullet point my questions so they can have obvious links.

1) So I set reserve contracts on my own guys, that are never acknowledged unless another team tries to sign them away? Restrictions removed later; What restrictions, like lower APY requirements later on if players survive round 1 of bidding?

2) "4 UFA or re-sign". So does that mean in my first round of bids due FEB 20 I can have a max of 4? And they can be spread out as 4 of my own FAs, or 2 of mine/2 other UFAs, or 4 UFAs who played elsewhere last season? Can you explain the "One fixed re-sign bid"?

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Sorry. I'm still confused. I'll bullet point my questions so they can have obvious links.

1) So I set reserve contracts on my own guys, that are never acknowledged unless another team tries to sign them away? Restrictions removed later; What restrictions, like lower APY requirements later on if players survive round 1 of bidding?

So you have a reserve contract bidding sheet.

You have 4 slots to make contracts on players that you want to keep, should another team target them.  If they don't get targeted by another team then they'll be there next round to bid on.  The restrictions is basically another team must be bidding on them.

It really just allows you some protections in place so you don't have to use all your UFA/resign bids on these players.  

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

2) "4 UFA or re-sign". So does that mean in my first round of bids due FEB 20 I can have a max of 4? And they can be spread out as 4 of my own FAs, or 2 of mine/2 other UFAs, or 4 UFAs who played elsewhere last season? Can you explain the "One fixed re-sign bid"?

Right... the UFA you can bid on any available free agent.  Regardless of value or position.  If they show up in the drop down list they are available.

The resign bid is just that, one slot to bid on your own guy that doesn't go through the reserve process.

The guidelines have details on this that might explain it better than I'm doing right now.  Or perhaps someone else can help me out here.

• Like 1

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

One more question @ny92mike

So if a guy is listed as expected APY of $16,000,000, can I offer him a contract of $4,000,000 per year in this round, or is that a no-go?

You can offer that, but it won't be a valid contract that gets considered when the round of bidding ends.  $4.0M per year would fail the APY requirements for a valid contract.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

One more question @ny92mike

So if a guy is listed as expected APY of $16,000,000, can I offer him a contract of $4,000,000 per year in this round, or is that a no-go?

APY values are minimum values.  If you feel those are too high after each round of bidding those APY values will decrease 10% or vet min each round of bidding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

APY values are minimum values.  If you feel those are too high after each round of bidding those APY values will decrease 10% or vet min each round of bidding.

Also worth noting that the decrease also affects the SB and Contract Length.

Those will decrease over time as well.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I'll wait a little bit longer to make sure I got the erfa / rfa / tags list right.  

Gotta say really not liking working in the same workbook.  Makes it difficult for me to see what I've done and what you guys are doing.  Will need to fix that for our next mock.

I will make sure to do all of my work in the workbook. All I’ve done is tag Jacobs, trade Carr, and cut two other players.

27 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You have 4 slots to make contracts on players that you want to keep, should another team target them.  If they don't get targeted by another team then they'll be there next round to bid on.  The restrictions is basically another team must be bidding on them.

It really just allows you some protections in place so you don't have to use all your UFA/resign bids on these players.  

Right... the UFA you can bid on any available free agent.  Regardless of value or position.  If they show up in the drop down list they are available.

The resign bid is just that, one slot to bid on your own guy that doesn't go through the reserve process.

The guidelines have details on this that might explain it better than I'm doing right now.  Or perhaps someone else can help me out here.

Hypothetical to see if I understand:

I bid 4 UFAs from other teams; Adrian Amos, Dean Lowry, Jarran Reed, and Randall Cobb.

I reserve 4 guys from my team; Tony Brown, Rodney McLeod, Chase McLaughlin, and Armani Watts.

And the "Re-sign bid" you mentioned is a 5th offer on one of my own that doesn't go through my reserve process or affect my 4 UFA offers?

Am I misunderstanding any parts? Is 9 too many offers? My list above = 9

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I'll wait a little bit longer to make sure I got the erfa / rfa / tags list right.  

Gotta say really not liking working in the same workbook.  Makes it difficult for me to see what I've done and what you guys are doing.  Will need to fix that for our next mock.

Everything is right for the Titans.

19 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Hypothetical to see if I understand:

I bid 4 UFAs from other teams; Adrian Amos, Dean Lowry, Jarran Reed, and Randall Cobb.

I reserve 4 guys from my team; Tony Brown, Rodney McLeod, Chase McLaughlin, and Armani Watts.

And the "Re-sign bid" you mentioned is a 5th offer on one of my own that doesn't go through my reserve process or affect my 4 UFA offers?

Am I misunderstanding any parts? Is 9 too many offers? My list above = 9

Sounds right.

No that number doesn't sound bad.  You'll typically land 2 to 3 of the ufa/resign bids providing you aren't offering the min values.  

Let me see if I can find last years fa bidding data to share.