Bucs officially fire Byron Leftwich

TecmoSuperJoe

On 1/18/2023 at 4:12 PM, DABEARSLCF04 said:

If only he got a head coaching job last offseason, Brady wouldn't have gone out of his way to get him fired lol.

I'm sure Jacksonville fans everywhere are rejoicing in the fact he wasn't hired!!!! So much for not being able to or wanting to work with Balke. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

There were rumours that Brady was changing the gameplan the night before. I don't know how much merit there was to that but if that was the case and the offense was still bad, I don't know how you can place the blame on the OC. He's not going to win a battle publicly outing the arguable GOAT/future HOFer, so if that is the case, he's not going to out him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, ravishingone said:

This is some insight from a local reporter who has been covering the team for a long time.

It's not like they were a high volume rushing team with Arians either though, they were 29th/31st in rushing attempts in 2020/2021. The issue was a lack of efficiency largely due to the fact they lost all three interior OL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's not like they were a high volume rushing team with Arians either though, they were 29th/31st in rushing attempts in 2020/2021. The issue was a lack of efficiency largely due to the fact they lost all three interior OL.

Watched a lot of the Bucs this year, and if anything they ran it too much early on. They were constantly in 2nd and 9/10/11. It was wasted downs. They should have come out slinging to set up the run, but they constantly tried to run to set up the pass. If they hadn't had the OL injuries it might have been different, but BL did very little to adapt.