Bucs officially fire Byron Leftwich

TecmoSuperJoe

On 1/17/2023 at 2:38 PM, Nbanflguy said:

Almost every time it is some OC who happens to be coaching a HOF QB or under a HOF coach. Then people are shocked like “wait, it wasn’t Joe Schmo it was the HC or QB. Shocking”

I thought I read Leftwich had a top 10 offense the season before Brady even got there? 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I thought I read Leftwich had a top 10 offense the season before Brady even got there? 

He was OC when Winston had his 30/30 season.  The issue for Leftwich is the huge drop off in points without Arians leading the team.  There was a belief Arians was very much involved in the offense with Leftwich as OC and play caller.  Once that support for Leftwich was removed, the results have been not good. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He was OC when Winston had his 30/30 season.  The issue for Leftwich is the huge drop off in points without Arians leading the team.  There was a belief Arians was very much involved in the offense with Leftwich as OC and play caller.  Once that support for Leftwich was removed, the results have been not good. 

That makes sense. I haven't paid too much attention to Tampa so I certainly wouldn't know. Thanks dude!

• Like 1

Completely justified.

The offence regressed badly this year and while a lot of that was down to the injuries and turnover on oline, the game planning and play calling was consistently very questionable.

Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere, but it wasn’t working in Tampa.