Giants Offseason Talk

Acgott

• 2 weeks later...

Had some health issues recently so I'm playing catch up with the team.

Loving this years draft, feel like the team got some great players at positions of need.  My favorite pick has to be the center.  I'm no scout but everything I've watched he was the best of the bunch.  Concidered him a first rounder so landing him in the second was awesome.  If our RT can take a step in the right direction and clean up his poor rookie play we might actually have a quality line this year.  

I'm also looking forward to what Banks provides to this secondary.  I believe he finally gives us two legit corners.  We got killed last year not having a quality starter playing opposite of Adoree Jackson.

Between drafting Jalin Hyatt and UDFA selection Bryce Ford-Wheaton and free agency additons to include the trade for Waller.  I really think this GM did a lot to point the team in the right direction. 

Can't wait for the season to start.

What are your thoughts of the Oklahoma running back.  I'm a little bias being from Oklahoma.

Any word on Barkley signing his tender?

Anyways glad to be back.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 3:44 AM, ny92mike said:

Had some health issues recently so I'm playing catch up with the team.

Loving this years draft, feel like the team got some great players at positions of need.  My favorite pick has to be the center.  I'm no scout but everything I've watched he was the best of the bunch.  Concidered him a first rounder so landing him in the second was awesome.  If our RT can take a step in the right direction and clean up his poor rookie play we might actually have a quality line this year.  

I'm also looking forward to what Banks provides to this secondary.  I believe he finally gives us two legit corners.  We got killed last year not having a quality starter playing opposite of Adoree Jackson.

Between drafting Jalin Hyatt and UDFA selection Bryce Ford-Wheaton and free agency additons to include the trade for Waller.  I really think this GM did a lot to point the team in the right direction. 

Can't wait for the season to start.

What are your thoughts of the Oklahoma running back.  I'm a little bias being from Oklahoma.

Any word on Barkley signing his tender?

Anyways glad to be back.

Glad to see you. Hope you're doing well.

I'm happier with this draft than any other since I started following the Giants (2020). Players at positions of need seemed to fall into our laps.

I think Eric Gray is a good prospect for us. Doesn't have elite size or speed; even when he gets a great angle, defenders still chase him down often. But shows good vision, a good spin move, and some receiving ability. Rotated with Barkley, he can be effective.

Jones has thrived under Daboll, even with some of his weapons (Toney and Golladay) being total disappointments and Shepard getting injured again. Now he has more and better options to work with. I expect some growing pains on offense with the tougher schedule, so another 9-win season is understandable. I'd be disappointed with any less though.

• Like 2