Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

Just now, Norm said:

TOUCH, that is not a hit. He TOUCHED him.

Dude. He pushed Mahomes into the bench.
I dont give a **** about hit or touch BS. He MADE CONTACT WITH HIM CAUSING HIM TO FLY INTO THE BENCH.

It clearly was a penalty. A no doubter.

• Like 1

Just now, Toddfather said:

Man if I could only see you in that moment lol... This isn't a video game. Dude going full force did not make a hard hit on a defenseless player out of bounds. That is all that matters, and should matters. The players hit each other every play. Intent should matter, and he was the one that got hurt on the pursuit. I'm sure if he could totally defy science and physics and was able to avoid everything he would then be a ***** because he didn't "finish the play".

It was a **** call. 

I don't know what it's like to be giant and fast in that spot but I know that I wouldn't be like omg don't give him a little tiny back touch on the way down or we will lose the game!!!! 

I don't think the call is WRONG, I just ******* hate that it exists because we aren't smart enough to determine when contacting guys going OOB is actually an issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Man if I could only see you in that moment lol... This isn't a video game. Dude going full force did not make a hard hit on a defenseless player out of bounds. That is all that matters, and should matters. The players hit each other every play. Intent should matter, and he was the one that got hurt on the pursuit. I'm sure if he could totally defy science and physics and was able to avoid everything he would then be a ***** because he didn't "finish the play".

It was a **** call. 

I'm not basing my thoughts on any video game. It's based on actuallty playing the game - the vast majority of it as a defender. He hit him out of bounds! It clearly was a penalty. A really, really stupid one. It ended their season.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

The NFL once was tough, a league of brute force Where men were made of steel, and ran their course With fire in their eyes, and sweat on their brow They played with all their might, and never took a bow

But now the game has changed, it's soft and slow No more the hits that made us all aglow The players wear padding, and play it safe No more the thrill of the grind, no more the chase

Gone are the days, of the Iron Curtain D When linebackers flew like birds, and hit with glee Now the game is different, it's more about finesse And the players are bigger, but not as impress

The NFL has changed, and it's not the same No more the roar of the crowd, no more the fame It's a different game now, and it's not as tough The NFL has become soft, and that's enough

But still we watch, with hope in our hearts That the game we love, will make a fresh start And once again, it will be tough and true And we'll all remember, the days when the NFL was new.

I read it twice, once in my voice , the last in John Facendas voice ( I'm sure I murdered the spelling ) got all fired up ! Your quite the wordsmith !

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

I'm not basing my thoughts on any video game. It's based on actuallty playing the game - the vast majority of it as a defender. He hit him out of bounds! It clearly was a penalty. A really, really stupid one. It ended their season.

If you could stop in a literal instant you'd be the best football player that ever lived, so why haven't we heard of you?

Just now, mtsportsfan1 said:

I read it twice, once in my voice , the last in John Facendas voice ( I'm sure I murdered the spelling ) got all fired up ! Your quite the wordsmith !

I'm sure everyone is aware but just to be clear, an AI bot wrote all that stupid poetry crap I posted in here today.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Mahomes tripped over his own Kermit the frog legs, he didn't fly anywhere.

The Semantics Kings are out in force!

Hit

Touch

Fly

Not Fly :)

Too funny.

It was a bad play by the defender and deserved the flag it got.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If you could stop in a literal instant you'd be the best football player that ever lived, so why haven't we heard of you?

Umm, he Flash can do it *******. Why can't some random LB from the Bengals??!?!?!?! 

Burn.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dude... He tripped over himself. That was a bull**** call 100% 

Just now, Leader said:

The Semantics Kings are out in force!

Hit

Touch

Fly

Not Fly :)

Too funny.

It was a bad play by the defender and deserved the flag it got.

There is no part of football ever except what you just witnessed where you would call what he did to Mahomes a hit. He could do that to him after the game on his way by him as he told him good game lol. It was not a hit.

Just now, Toddfather said:

Dude... He tripped over himself. That was a bull**** call 100% 

He trips over his own legs all the ******* time to. I almost made a crack about it the other time when he ran up the middle for like a yard or two but since he had the ankle I let it go, but he runs weird af.

• Like 1