Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

San Francisco over Philadelphia (H)
Cincinnati over Kansas City (H)

Road teams hold serve.

Gutsy but also could happen.

It would be an interesting Super Bowl rematch. Montana's 90+ yard drive to win it was one of the epic games. Beating Boomer and the Bengals still haven't gotten a ring. It could be Burrow's first of a few Super Bowls as well. He reminds some of Montana with how cool he is. 

I want the Eagles to beat the 9ers. I think if Purdy doesn't get them to the Super Bowl he goes back to the bench, and they roll with Lance next year. At least to start. They invested way too much to not play Lance. It will be a mistake and I'm all for the 49ers making mistakes.

I still think the 9ers will win this game though. I trust the 9ers defense more than I do the Eagles, despite all of their pass rushers. 

49 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I want the Eagles to beat the 9ers. I think if Purdy doesn't get them to the Super Bowl he goes back to the bench, and they roll with Lance next year. At least to start. They invested way too much to not play Lance. It will be a mistake and I'm all for the 49ers making mistakes.

I still think the 9ers will win this game though. I trust the 9ers defense more than I do the Eagles, despite all of their pass rushers. 

Man I don't know.  Picked 49's to win it all but after watching Philly last week dunno.  Think 49's are running into a buzzsaw.  Homefield advantage think makes the difference in this one.   Really don't like the 49's but am a big fan of Purdy.  Kinda pulling for him.  Great story.  You might be right about next year though.  Don't think they will just hand the job to Purdy.  Will be a competition for the starting gig.  Lance might just suck though.  He sure didn't look very good this year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This is also why I'm rooting for Philly. If SF gets bounced, they could drive up asking price for Rodgers. 

Doubt Packers would trade Rodgers within the NFC.  But I like where your head is at.  Not sure SF feels the need to trade for him with Purdy and Lance.  They may be set.  Purdy will have to play perfect if SF is going to win.  No turnovers.  Whoever turns the ball over is going to lose this one. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Doubt Packers would trade Rodgers within the NFC.  But I like where your head is at.  Not sure SF feels the need to trade for him with Purdy and Lance.  They may be set.  Purdy will have to play perfect if SF is going to win.  No turnovers.  Whoever turns the ball over is going to lose this one. 

A tell on Purdy's gonna be tomorrow's game. How Purdy's handles that pass rush - the best he's ever seen as a pro IMO - will be interesting to see.

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I don't understand the NFC stuff right now. I know that's the "rule" but that's when you're expecting to compete and the guy you are trading isn't at the end.

Maybe I am wrong but I do not think we have to worry about AR in SF keeping us from winning a SB, so who cares. Trade him there. Worse case he beats you and it's a story on ESPN for 5 days. Who cares. 

If he was like 33 or something, then maybe not. But he isn't and he will be done before we're ready to try and win a Lombardi so get the freaking most ya can.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

A tell on Purdy's gonna be tomorrow's game. How Purdy's handles that pass rush - the best he's ever seen as a pro IMO - will be interesting to see.

I would bet his coach has a game plan to help him in that area. 

Then again, as Mike Tyson said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face!" 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I don't understand the NFC stuff right now. I know that's the "rule" but that's when you're expecting to compete and the guy you are trading isn't at the end.

Maybe I am wrong but I do not think we have to worry about AR in SF keeping us from winning a SB, so who cares. Trade him there. Worse case he beats you and it's a story on ESPN for 5 days. Who cares. 

If he was like 33 or something, then maybe not. But he isn't and he will be done before we're ready to try and win a Lombardi so get the freaking most ya can.

I'd draw the line at not trading him within the division otherwise he's going to the highest bidder.  Don't get it either just what I read.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Yah it's put up or shut up time for Purdy.  I think he'll play well but will make a mistake or two in this one. Looking foward to it.  In SF he's be fine at Philly with a loud and hostile crowd the pressure will be on him.   Dude has not flinched but sooner or later you'd think he would show his rookie stripes.  Thinking Philly is going to jump out to an early lead.  He'll be trying to play catch up.  Tough place to be. I'm still on the Purdy train until proven differrent.  Was picking the 49's but switched think Philly is going to win tomorrow.  Watching them destroy the Giants has me changing my mind. 

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

I'd draw the line at not trading him within the division otherwise he's going to the highest bidder.  Don't get it either just what I read.  

Yeah don't do the division thing, good point. Do not want to have to deal with that stuff twice a year during the season. 

I think people are just so used to "don't trade in your conf" that it is just being repeated without thinking about it, tbh, I don't think the Packers would trade him to the NFC either, I just think they should consider it.