Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I will be entertained watching the Niners hopefully get destroyed so I don't gotta deal with friends/family Niner fans out here

Nothing to do with anything but I'm not sure I know any 49ers or Eagles fans...I swear there's someone who likes the Eagles but the **** if I can rememeber.

Certainly don't know any Bengals fans. CIN vs PHI and I won't have to hear any insane people screaming if I go out at least.

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Eagles just walked down the field.  

BUT they had two amazing catches to aid that drive.  

Two pass catching 1st round picks if you count how they acquired Brown on the birds 🤠, hate watching this team win since I grew up next to the city, but Howie turns that roster over. 

Just now, Norm said:

Nothing to do with anything but I'm not sure I know any 49ers or Eagles fans...I swear there's someone who likes the Eagles but the **** if I can rememeber.

Certainly don't know any Bengals fans. CIN vs PHI and I won't have to hear any insane people screaming if I go out at least.

I don't know any Vikes/Lions/Bears fans in real life so I never have to deal with any of them fortunately, but living in Niners Country has been rough the past decade with all the playoff losses to them. At least the Niners have never been able to finish the job and win a SB during that time

I used to have a grudge against the Eagles because of 2003 and then them destroying GB in 2004, but I got over that for good with the 2010 win on their way to the SB. Philly fans have their notorious reputation but again, I'm not around that so I haven't had to deal with any of that. The team itself has always been easy to root for especially since I still don't like the Giants and will always despise the Cowboys

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I will be entertained watching the Niners hopefully get destroyed so I don't gotta deal with friends/family Niner fans out here

Same. Living out here I have plenty of friends who are 9ers fans. I love those guys but they have not been subtle about kicking our behinds these past few years. I’m hoping to walk in to work tomorrow a just giving them the knowing glance and a smile. Philly still doing enough dumb **** to keep SF in contact. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This could be a very sad ending to Purdy's run as a starting QB. I actually feel bad for the kid because so many kids like him ever get a chance. 

He’s earned his chance to compete next year. Lance will still have draft position in his favor but Purdy has been more than a game manager. Maybe the magic wears off but he still is in the conversation. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Both of these teams went all in. Eagles traded their No. 1 pick for AJ Brown. Niners got McCaffrey.

I don't really consider it the same type of all in play since the Eagles had accumulated multiples firsts for 2022 so they could trade one of the two (plus a third). Plus they have a top 10 pick this year courtesy of the Saints. So they still have some future room to maneuver and have, seemingly, solved the toughest position at QB.

The 49ers have made moves with variable results (Trey Lance probably being the worst right now) and have depleted their premium picks and will start facing some FA and cap decisions in '24 (assuming I'm reading the void years correctly).

Edited by Striker

1 minute ago, Striker said:

I don't really consider it the same type of all in play since the Eagles had accumulated multiples firsts for 2022 so they could trade one of the two (plus a third). Plus they have a top 10 pick this year courtesy of the Saints.

That's called having a good GM. Making moves to accumulate picks but then reinvesting some of those picks into veteran players.