24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Rocky should Adam watch

• Rocky - the original underdog story
    • Rocky 2
    • I pity the fool who don't watch Rocky 3
    • The greatest training montage in history with Rocky 4
    • LOL Rocky 5...you guys are just mean
    • Rocky Balboa

Rocky 4 is probably the most entertaining of the series but it's far from the best. It's incredibly choppy, for one, and just makes zero sense as was pointed out earlier in the thread. I actually laugh every time I watch it. 

The Creed movies are infinitely better movies, following the same formula, than any in the series sans the original. If only I could stand Michael B Jordan, I could enjoy them more.

14 hours ago, adamq said:

I will eventually watch the rest of them.. I guess I had always assumed the character was a former champion who made some kind of unlikely comeback, which just didn't seem interesting. Instead Rocky is this loveable everyman just trying to get by, who gets a chance and seizes on it. 

Also have never been a fan of the fighting sports, but this movie at least isn't really about boxing. 

Looking forward to rest of them, thanks all!

I believe the original tagline for the movie was something like "His whole life was a million to one shot"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Decided to watch rocky 2 because it’s the only one I haven’t seen. Not a bad film but the “fights” have always been bad in a funny way.

I always thought it was an interesting strategy by Rocky to block all of Apollo's punches with his face.

• Like 1