24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Rocky should Adam watch

• Rocky - the original underdog story
    • Rocky 2
    • I pity the fool who don't watch Rocky 3
    • The greatest training montage in history with Rocky 4
    • LOL Rocky 5...you guys are just mean
    • Rocky Balboa

Prior to the Eagles / Niners game, Adam said he had never seen a Rocky movie, but would watch one if Philly won. 

Philly has won. 

So what single Rocky movie should @adamq watch? I'm not including Creed movies. 

This doesn't necessarily have to be the best one...vote based on however you want. Watchability, quality...punishment. 

• Like 1

Seriously though...the only sensible answer is 1.   Even if its not the best one (I think it is), its the launching pad for the entire franchise.

Rocky Balboa is a good stand alone flick, too....but there are alot of things you won't understand unless you at least see the original.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Seriously though...the only sensible answer is 1.   Even if its not the best one (I think it is), its the launching pad for the entire franchise.

Rocky Balboa is a good stand alone flick, too....but there are alot of things you won't understand unless you at least see the original.

Rocky 4 is so enjoyable for me that I voted it. 

But the first Rocky is the true classic for a reason. 

Rocky 2 probably has my favorite rocky moment not involving rocky (where Creed is having a meeting with his people on how to get to Rockey  and Duke is pleading with him to let it go...it's a really nice scene from Tony Burton). 

Rocky 4 is just easy to love. I think it helps if you're old enough to remember the world at the time.

Rocky Balboa is really a decent sequel all those years later. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Rocky 4 is so enjoyable for me that I voted it. 

But the first Rocky is the true classic for a reason. 

Rocky 2 probably has my favorite rocky moment not involving rocky (where Creed is having a meeting with his people on how to get to Rockey  and Duke is pleading with him to let it go...it's a really nice seen from Tony Burton). 

Rocky 4 is just easy to love. I think it helps if you're old enough to remember the world at the time.

Rocky Balboa is really a decent sequel all those years later. 

Rocky 4 was my favorite as a kid and still has a special place in my heart.

2 is my favorite overall, just because it did everything the first one did and built on top of it perfectly.

In fact, 1 and 2 are two parts of the same story.   They flowed together so well.   IMO, you cant watch 1 and not watch 2.   The other ones are kind of their own stories.

I even like Rocky 5, even if it is easily the worst one.   Rocky 5 is like bad pizza....you can still eat it and be mildly satisfied.

• Like 2