Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cooley would disagree, but I guess a bunch of fans on a fan forum know more than an ex-player who’s very knowledgeable.

What was his exact quote? Because you've argued quite a bit that Cooley has said that halftime is not enough time for coaches to make changes and relay to the team. 

So which is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Then whatever changes he does make, he is being out-coached by the opposition and their changes.  

I think the youth of Alabama's secondary is really being exposed here.  Most of these guys are first year starters.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think the youth of Alabama's secondary is really being exposed here.  Most of these guys are first year starters.  

And their experience and depth up front.  They lost their top six corners, so yeah, I definitely agree there.  I also think Tu'a is still hurt from the high ankle sprain- those usually take 4-8 weeks to heal, and it's on his plant foot, which makes it worse. 

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

What was his exact quote? Because you've argued quite a bit that Cooley has said that halftime is not enough time for coaches to make changes and relay to the team. 

So which is it?

If Cooley said that, then I don't know what to say about him.  At that point, it's clearly defending the village idiot because they are both employed by the same company.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Cooley said that, then I don't know what to say about him.  At that point, it's clearly defending the village idiot because they are both employed by the same company.  

I don't think he's being accurately quoted here. I think he had said that there wasn't time to collect the team and then present it at halftime because many of the players were getting treatment, etc... 

That is NOT the same thing as saying that coaches don't have time to make adjustments. They do it all the time.

As for him saying Jay makes adjustments. I don't think that was a blanket statement for every game. Because I know in quite a few of his breakdowns he has taken the coaching staff to task for not making adjustments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

LOL...announcers talking about how this is the first time a team has gone 15-0.

NDSU did it twice already.

Man the FBS bias is strong.

Well that's clearly what they meant. And of course that's what they were talking about, they're covering the FBS championship, not the minor league championship.

Look, I love the FCS - I have cousins who went to Mount Union in Ohio - but let's me clear here, the only people who care about  FCS football are those who went to those schools, that live in those small towns or scouts who are scouting their talent for the NFL.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Cooley would disagree, but I guess a bunch of fans on a fan forum know more than an ex-player who’s very knowledgeable.

And yet I brought up one time how Cooley said a pass was on Alex not Reed and you defended Alex *shrug*

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Imagine being a freshman QB. And beating the pants off of Alabama in the FBS "championship" game.

There isn't enough time in the world for the ladies he's going to get. But I'll be damned if he shouldn't at least try.

• Like 2