Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

RIP JD Gibbs, 49. He died of a neurological condition today

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/jd-gibbs-son-redskins-icon-joe-gibbs-passes-away-49

After dealing with his son having leukemia at age 2 no less.  I had two relatives pass away at the same time, stuff like this is no joke.  Prayers to the Gibbs family.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I might be a defecting Redskins fan for the Rams, this reminds me of Gibbs 1.0 style of OL and rushing dominance.  

I was thinking about going to the Bears. My first few pieces of NFL merch was Bears stuff. Trashcan, shirts, couple other things, I think a lightswitch cover and all. All before really knowing what the NFL was. Couple relatives kept sending it to me from America and bringing me it on visits.

And actually. Ive owned in my life far more Bears stuff cause of it than ever owned of Redskins. Because I can name everything Redskins I had easy. A BIC lighter someone spotted in a store and got me, a pair of work gloves I got as a gift, a stocking cap my neighbors gave me years back. Thats it. Ive never actually bought anything Redskins.  Never even been to a Skins game. But went to a Bears game.

So why am I here putting up with this crap? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

We deserve everything we get for letting Sean McVay go. He has passion for the sport and he is an innovator.

Not much we could've done to be honest.  Any of the other teams who have fired coaches to keep coordinators haven't had any success either.  And I doubt that Snyder and Allen would have let McVay implement the culture that is needed to win.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

We deserve everything we get for letting Sean McVay go. He has passion for the sport and he is an innovator.

I was totally on board with getting him out of here. I thought most of our offensive problems were on him. I was very wrong. He’s an incredible coach. 

• Like 1

Losing McVay was inevitable. Anyone who acts like it wasn't is kidding themselves. No team would’ve fired their 50 year old coach coming off a 9-7 division winning season and a 8-7-1 season where we barely missed the playoffs to hire their 30 year old offensive coordinator.

It just wasn't going to happen and we weren't going to be able to keep him either.

There's also the fact that if we had Sean McVay as our HC, we still wouldn't have the Rams talent but I guess he could have hired Wade Phillips as def coord, still the talent on the Redskins roster is mediocre, so, the team is most likely going to be mediocre too.

Perhaps if we had McVay as our HC now, he does enough to get another win or 2 in each season, but not to 11 or 12 wins.