Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If this was Fromm, we probably would only have 10 points.  

Kidding (?) aside, Bennett's looked solid.  But I really like the offense Monken has brought in.  Certainly better than the Stone Age stuff we ran with Chungus and Coley. 

They look good. Just not Alabama good to me. Bama looks like the best team in the country once again. I’m not even sure they have a weakness. Maybe TE?

The more I see of Trask the more I like. I think our D-line will net us a couple of wins this year and be out of the Lawrence sweepstakes. But.....Trask? Could be on the table. We will have an opportunity to evaluate in the coming weeks. The Florida schedule is akin to an honest evaluation.... Texas AM, Georgia, and LSU in the coming month.

His Career numbers are not to shabby.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4034946/kyle-trask

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troublez said:

The more I see of Trask the more I like. I think our D-line will net us a couple of wins this year and be out of the Lawrence sweepstakes. But.....Trask? Could be on the table. We will have an opportunity to evaluate in the coming weeks. The Florida schedule is akin to an honest evaluation.... Texas AM, Georgia, and LSU in the coming month.

Also:

@ripsean21 I need your analysis. I'm arguing with an NDSU faithful who thinks Trey Lance is going to be the 2nd QB off the board. Originally he said that he's going Top-10.

I mentioned the reasons why I don't think that will happen:

Maaayyyybe. Lots of things have to pop. I'd take at least 2 QBs over him. And many teams will be thrown off on the whole non-FBS thing (which is bogus I admit, but the bias is still there). Add to that he's started how many games? More teams are understanding that 1 or 2 years of starting is not a good indicator of NFL success. Add that to the "lower level of competition" bias they have, and...at the moment...I don't think he goes in Top 10.

Things may shake out differently, but if he goes in the 1st its most likely the back half. And this would be the more likely round for teams to grab him considering you can lock the rookie into 5 years.

So since you spend a ton of time watching these guys (I have little time now with two little ones), what do you think?

This is what he countered with:

Na, he is without a doubt 3rd best qb and arguably 2nd as argued on Sports Center this morning. He goes 1st round without a doubt. I'll bet you 20 dollars in  (TB gift card) he goes top 20 picks 1st round. Deal?

I pointed out that picks 16-20 are still back half of the round.

So where would you rank the QBs?

How do you see the Top 10 shaking out?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@ripsean21 I need your analysis. I'm arguing with an NDSU faithful who thinks Trey Lance is going to be the 2nd QB off the board. Originally he said that he's going Top-10.

I mentioned the reasons why I don't think that will happen:

So since you spend a ton of time watching these guys (I have little time now with two little ones), what do you think?

This is what he countered with:

I pointed out that picks 16-20 are still back half of the round.

So where would you rank the QBs?

How do you see the Top 10 shaking out?

You didn't ask me, but the first 3 QBs picks last 5 years: 

2020 - 1,5,6

2019 - 1,6,15

2018 - 1,3,7

2017 - 2,10,12

2016 - 1,2,26

So in the last 5 years, it's only happened once that at least 3 QBs didn't go in the Top 20. Lance is seen by many as the #3 (and in some cases #2) due to curiosity and upside. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You didn't ask me, but the first 3 QBs picks last 5 years: 

2020 - 1,5,6

2019 - 1,6,15

2018 - 1,3,7

2017 - 2,10,12

2016 - 1,2,26

So in the last 5 years, it's only happened once that at least 3 QBs didn't go in the Top 20. Lance is seen by many as the #3 (and in some cases #2) due to curiosity and upside. 

Cool. Good to know.

8 hours ago, Troublez said:

Trask moving up draft boards. Big guy, pretty athletic and extends plays. Needs more snaps and does well in D Mullens system. 

• Like 1

I’d agree with what others said. In the year Wentz came out, it was a bad year for QBs. If a generational talent like Lawrence was in that draft, a QB who has taken the Big10 by storm & almost lead his team to the National Championship game is his first year as a starter and would have IMO if he didn’t have a sprained MCL in Fields and if Trask wasn’t in this draft who is currently playing like the top QB in college then yeah, I think Lance could go top 5. 

In this QB draft I have him 4th behind Lawrence and Fields or Trask - I could go either way on those two but lean towards Fields bc he’s younger and more mobile.

Lance might not even go top 10 when it’s all said and done, but I think he’s definitely top 20.

• Like 1