Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why the eff did the Redskins trade out of the 4th round and not draft Alex Collins in the 4th round 2016 nfl draft?

Man! Sometimes I can’t stand this crap. Too much faith in Matt Jones! Ughh

Miami missed on Alex Collins in recruiting too. Been rough missing out on him twice, and then having him ball out elsewhere. He's a stud, can't believe the Seahawks let him go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why the eff did the Redskins trade out of the 4th round and not draft Alex Collins in the 4th round 2016 nfl draft?

Man! Sometimes I can’t stand this crap. Too much faith in Matt Jones! Ughh

Because most GMs don't have the power of hindsight. 

• Like 1

I would love to ask Scot M, what tape he watched that showed Matt Jones had any projection to be a 3rd round pick and that he would succeed. 

I would also love to hear the conversation about Alfred Morris and why we wouldn't resign the single season rushing leader for the Redskins. 

I have really only watched Barkley this season at this moment, and if we are not in the top 10 picking he will likely be gone. Which absolutely sucks. 

I need to watch more on Guice, Chubb and a few other guys. Perine is just not right for this offense. Kelley is meh. Mack Brown gets no opportunities and Thompson has been fantastic but is not a bell cow. 

So. RB is a huge need IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I would love to ask Scot M, what tape he watched that showed Matt Jones had any projection to be a 3rd round pick and that he would succeed. 

I would also love to hear the conversation about Alfred Morris and why we wouldn't resign the single season rushing leader for the Redskins. 

I have really only watched Barkley this season at this moment, and if we are not in the top 10 picking he will likely be gone. Which absolutely sucks. 

I need to watch more on Guice, Chubb and a few other guys. Perine is just not right for this offense. Kelley is meh. Mack Brown gets no opportunities and Thompson has been fantastic but is not a bell cow. 

For a guy with a great eye for talent, I simply never understood that pick. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

It was probably just his size/speed combo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Because most GMs don't have the power of hindsight. 

It’s not hindsight, we chose to let morris go and not draft  a rb until the 7th rnd in 2016 bc we wanted to hand Jones the job with no competition. All of us wanted to keep Morris or draft another mid round rb if he was gone but the team didn’t.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not hindsight, we chose to let morris go and not draft  a rb until the 7th rnd in 2016 bc we wanted to hand Jones the job with no competition. All of us wanted to keep Morris or draft another mid round rb if he was gone but the team didn’t.

Dude, you were completely on board with Jones. You freaked out on me because I said he was terrible. I said last year he would lose the job and be off the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, you were completely on board with Jones. You freaked out on me because I said he was terrible. I said last year he would lose the job and be off the team. 

I didn’t vote want him drafted, I didn’t even know who the he’ll he was when he was drafted.

once he was here I wanted him to succeed because he was on our team.

Theres a huge difference between those two things.

I wanted to draft Langford from Michigan State. He was a big ten guy who had given Ohio State fits for 2 or 3 years. The bears drafted him after we took Jones.