Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, this should be exciting for Seattle fans. 

Apparently he is having a rough showing. Same as when he was here, just far too inconsistent. 

I think if they can settle him down and script an offense around game management he will do really well. 

Saahdiq Charles was listed at that spot when the team released its initial depth chart on Monday, but he is no longer an option in Nashville. The Titans placed Charles on the reserve/retired list on Tuesday. 

Charles had missed practices recently due to what head coach Brian Callahan called personal reasons and the Titans said he then informed them of his plans to retire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Saahdiq Charles was listed at that spot when the team released its initial depth chart on Monday, but he is no longer an option in Nashville. The Titans placed Charles on the reserve/retired list on Tuesday. 

Charles had missed practices recently due to what head coach Brian Callahan called personal reasons and the Titans said he then informed them of his plans to retire.

He had a lot of potential, and John Matsko couldn’t unlock it.  In some cases, guys just aren’t going to make it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Bengals sign one of our cast offs -Josh Pryor. Seems the league continues to value our trash .. Hhmmm, 🤔

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but he’s literally a camp body at this point due to an injury, like 6th string. 

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but he’s literally a camp body at this point due to an injury, like 6th string. 

I'm not sure either but the trend continues. Eaglets pick up Armani Rogers - 😞

The Joe Milton/Drake Maye thing is exactly why you don't do the "lets draft two QBs" thing. Its stupid and it totally undermines the guy you drafted earlier in the draft. The Patriots should've just traded the pick and took Nabors and then drafted Milton later if they were going to do this. Yes, I totally understand that the Patriots should be alarmed if a first rounder cannot beat out a 6th rounder but Milton is a friggin alien. He may be the most athletically gifted QB ever to enter the league. 

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Joe Milton/Drake Maye thing is exactly why you don't do the "lets draft two QBs" thing. Its stupid and it totally undermines the guy you drafted earlier in the draft. The Patriots should've just traded the pick and took Nabors and then drafted Milton later if they were going to do this. Yes, I totally understand that the Patriots should be alarmed if a first rounder cannot beat out a 6th rounder but Milton is a friggin alien. He may be the most athletically gifted QB ever to enter the league. 

Kirk Cousins/RG3 ended up ok. 1st round pick QBs bust all the time. They traded Mac Jones and Jacoby Brissett was the only other option. It became very clear throughout the draft process that Maye would require time to develop. It's not a failure if he isn't a day 1 starter. I don't read anything about Milton performing better as a knock on Maye, but as a rave for Milton. Just my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Kirk Cousins/RG3 ended up ok. 1st round pick QBs bust all the time. They traded Mac Jones and Jacoby Brissett was the only other option. It became very clear throughout the draft process that Maye would require time to develop. It's not a failure if he isn't a day 1 starter. I don't read anything about Milton performing better as a knock on Maye, but as a rave for Milton. Just my opinion. 

I think it adds a wrinkle that you don't need, personally. I could be totally wrong on it but I think it starts to create unnecessary controversy. Also, the Kirk thing turned out okay but it also started creating issues the moment Kirk touched the field. Especially when we found out years later that Shanahan did not want Robert and he did want Kirk per Kyle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also, the Kirk thing turned out okay but it also started creating issues the moment Kirk touched the field. Especially when we found out years later that Shanahan did not want Robert and he did want Kirk per Kyle. 

#DanSnyder

I get it though. It's one of the reasons that Sam Howell was shipped out. Don't need them looking over their shoulder.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 9:55 AM, lavar703 said:

Milton doing what he did vs guys who may not even make it in the NFL really doesn’t move the needle for me. He is a big athletic guy with a strong arm who still has accuracy issues. If he was an excellent passer he would’ve went much higher. 

Basically, I’ll be shocked if he’s the next Cam Newton & we can’t forget about Anthony Richardson too.