Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Milton doing what he did vs guys who may not even make it in the NFL really doesn’t move the needle for me. He is a big athletic guy with a strong arm who still has accuracy issues. If he was an excellent passer he would’ve went much higher. 

Basically, I’ll be shocked if he’s the next Cam Newton & we can’t forget about Anthony Richardson too.

I wouldn’t be shocked. Stupid stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Also, I will simply never under Richardson being a first round pick let alone top 5? He was horrible in college. I’m just saying I think picking two QBs in the same draft adds unnecessary pressure to the one picked in the first round. 

that absolutely stinks about JJ McCarthy, but it is an opportunity for him to continue his growth and development from the sidelines as a teammate, and gaining that book knowledge.  It is hard to replicate reps, even if they are the second team reps.  

• Like 2

On 8/12/2024 at 5:11 PM, lavar703 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked. Stupid stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Also, I will simply never under Richardson being a first round pick let alone top 5? He was horrible in college. I’m just saying I think picking two QBs in the same draft adds unnecessary pressure to the one picked in the first round. 

Richardson flashed more than Milton though in college and certainly during thr draft process, that's why he was such a riser and went top 5.

Milton was 2/7 for just 20 yards vs the Eagles last night. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It is true is that if the guys get to the NFL with better coaching then perhaps those coaches can fix their footwork, their accuracy, their study habits, and their ability to read defenses. So, in that way there is a chance for Milton but I think it's still a long shot that he's anything more than a career backup.

Drake Maye looked like a guy who should be starting last night from what I saw. His stats weren't gaudy but his WRs dropped 2 passes that should've gone for around another total 100 yards.

Maye was only 6/11 for 47 yards w/ 4 rushes for 15 yards and a TD but like I said if his Wrs catch the balls that hit his hands then he ends up 8/11 for around 150 yards and maybe he throws a TD or the Pats at least score one more on the ground.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Richardson flashed more than Milton though in college and certainly during thr draft process, that's why he was such a riser and went top 5.

He did? Sure good runner, but outside of arm strength like Milton, what did he do? Abysmal completion percentage, less than 2:1 TD:INT ratio, Y/A progressively worse. It was all about what people thought he MIGHT be, nothing to do with anything he showed in college imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He did? Sure good runner, but outside of arm strength like Milton, what did he do? Abysmal completion percentage, less than 2:1 TD:INT ratio, Y/A progressively worse. It was all about what people thought he MIGHT be, nothing to do with anything he showed in college imo. 

Well Mike beat me to it @turtle28

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m talking about flashing. Richardson had some wow plays with his arm too and off schedule plays. It wasn’t consistent but he flashed. I don’t really remember Milton flashing much at all except sometimes with his arm strength.

Also as I said when Richardson got to the draft process he showed off more accuracy which had him rising up draft boards on top of the size, athleticism & arm strength. So then the teams go back to the college tape & likely saw the issues in not having gaudy stats weren’t on Richardson, but the lack of talent around him so again, he rose in the draft.

If the same had happened for Milton, as it happened for Richardson as I said above then yeah, Milton would have went higher but Milton has accuracy issues & that’s why he went later in the draft. @lavar703

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m talking about flashing. Richardson had some wow plays with his arm too and off schedule plays. It wasn’t consistent but he flashed. I don’t really remember Milton flashing much at all except sometimes with his arm strength.

Also as I said when Richardson got to the draft process he showed off more accuracy which had him rising up draft boards on top of the size, athleticism & arm strength. So then the teams go back to the college tape & likely saw the issues in not having gaudy stats weren’t on Richardson, but the lack of talent around him so again, he rose in the draft.

If the same had happened for Milton, as it happened for Richardson as I said above then yeah, Milton would have went higher but Milton has accuracy issues & that’s why he went later in the draft. @lavar703

If anything, Milton wowed enough at the combine for a team to not only take a shot on him, but at QB. There was a lot of talk of position change for him before it. Richardson didn't fix his accuracy issues overnight. He performed well in no pad, scripted events. He better be accurate. Just not buying this argument.

The majority came down to people believing they could fix the tools Richardson had. Performance wise he didn't do anything to look or seem better than Milton.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Richardson was a horrifically inaccurate passer in college. Like dreadful. 

Sam Howell last night:

- 11-of-14 for 153 yards and a TD
- 136 passer rating
- 78.6 completion %

He led 3 scoring drives for the Seahawks. I still think it was a mistake to trade him. Mariota is not that good of a passer & neither is Driskel plus Sam is younger, he could've been the backup for Daniels for years to come.

• Like 1