Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

American Football Dance GIF by Minnesota Vikings

He went to high school 15 minutes from where I did. A buddy of mine’s wife taught him in high school at the county catholic school Good Counsel. He was always doing shady things. It’s probably why he fell to round 5 in the draft, same with Antonio Brown who fell to round 6 despite them both having 1st round talent.

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Awesome! I hope he plays great

Unfortunately behind that offensive line, I don't expect him to have a lot of time, but he absolutely should do better than Brissett because of his ability to run and escape the pocket.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-nfl-rankings/

32) New England Patriots

Starting five: LT Demontrey Jacobs, LG Sidy Sow, C Nick Leverett, RG Layden Robinson, RT Mike Onwenu

Chukwuma Okorafor was the Patriots’ starting left tackle in Week 1, but he didn’t last long. New England benched its offseason addition after he allowed two pressures on just six pass-blocking snaps, and Okorafor retired soon afterward.

Since then, New England rolled with options Vederian Lowe and third-round rookie Caedan Wallace at left tackle before injuries forced the club to deploy 2023 UDFA Demontrey Jacobs — a waiver claim at roster cutdowns — as their starting left tackle in Week 4.

And that’s not all. Longtime Patriots center David Andrews will miss the remainder of the 2024 campaign after undergoing shoulder surgery, leaving offseason addition Nick Leverett as New England’s starting pivot.

• Like 1

Brissett looked great for us last year - somehow !. He hasn't been able to show much for the Pats.. Maybe they are just too bad on offense . Drake will need to be special to pull them from the abyss . I don't think he is . I was so worried we'd draft him ! 

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Brissett looked great for us last year - somehow !. He hasn't been able to show much for the Pats.. Maybe they are just too bad on offense . Drake will need to be special to pull them from the abyss . I don't think he is . I was so worried we'd draft him ! 

I said it last year and I’ll repeat it, Brissett had the luxury of sitting on the sidelines each of the first half in the games he played for us last year. He could study what the D was doing both by watching and by looking at the surface. 

Good backups off the bench usually come in and succeed during the game bc they know what the defense is doing and the defense hasn’t prepared for them at all. That’s why Brissett was successful in the 2nd halves of a few games last year. I don't think he would have been as successful if he had to start multiple games last year. 

Howell never had that luxury, Bieniemy threw him to the wolves and rarely gave him a running game or a short passing game to operate in the entire season last year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Devante Adams traded to Aaron Rodgers ! Conditional 3rd could be 2nd.

The conditions are if Adams is 1st/2nd team All-Pro or Jets make it to the AFC Championship. 

So very likely to only be a 3rd, but the Jets ate his entire contract. Did not expect them to get anyone to do that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

The conditions are if Adams is 1st/2nd team All-Pro or Jets make it to the AFC Championship. 

So very likely to only be a 3rd, but the Jets ate his entire contract. Did not expect them to get anyone to do that. 

Oh come on! Aaron Rodgers & Davante Adams are going to take the Jets to the Super Bowl like they did all those times in Green Bay! 😂 

• Like 1