Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

How has someone in Cleveland not been fired yet? The Carson Wentz debacle is as bad as the Big Ben one. And I don't want to hear how he wouldn't be doing this in Cleveland because it's not like the eagles have an abundance of talent on offense. No Sproles and a bunch of meh receivers. Ertz is awesome but outside of that the talent surrounding Wentz is nothing to write home about. Kids just great. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

How has someone in Cleveland not been fired yet? The Carson Wentz debacle is as bad as the Big Ben one. And I don't want to hear how he wouldn't be doing this in Cleveland because it's not like the eagles have an abundance of talent on offense. No Sproles and a bunch of meh receivers. Ertz is awesome but outside of that the talent surrounding Wentz is nothing to write home about. Kids just great. 

It's not just Carson Wentz. They also traded away Deshaun Watson as well.

If you're firing someone, you kind of have to target Hue Jackson, but I think they'll clean house. Again. And reset. Again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

It's not just Carson Wentz. They also traded away Deshaun Watson as well.

If you're firing someone, you kind of have to target Hue Jackson, but I think they'll clean house. Again. And reset. Again.

That was just pure stupidity because they should've learned already after Wentz played well as a rookie. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

That was just pure stupidity because they should've learned already after Wentz played well as a rookie. 

*shrugs* On one hand, they're racking up draft picks. On the other, they're not showing anything for them. Honestly, though, it could work out for them this go around provided that they don't start suddenly winning games between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 2:00 PM, lavar703 said:

It has to suck for Hue Jackson, because since he’s gotten there the front office hasn’t even tried to win. They’ve traded away or not re-signed some of their best players from the previous few years when they could have re-signed them, and like you and wiz have mentioned they’ve traded down and passed on not only Wentz, but on other good prospects even after they traded down from #2 in that draft.

As I’ve told my cousin and my uncle who are huge packers fans, I’m sure Hue will be the one who gets fired but I don’t think he should be. The GM has to go. Possibly you give him one more year after this draft - if they draft one of the top Qbs - and then if they have some more good draft picks but IMO it’s hard to keep him around and this football moneyball thing going. It hasn’t worked, at least not yet. The nfl isn’t baseball, you need to use all your resources to build a good or great team, you can’t just go young and continue to reload with young developed prospects every 4 or 5 years. You have to sign some good vets to help the rookies and team along and you can’t pass on the top prospects for more later prospects every year. It just doesn’t work, talent is the most important thing.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:47 AM, Doc Draper said:

Gotta love Football Fans- especially those in Green Bay. You may not have seen this last night as ESPN didn't show (would rather focus on a few players kneeling), but local media showed the Packers Fans standing strong and proud during the National Anthem

7e614e7de1477b76d3b7b99f1f5ca57b--the-pa

That’s a great gesture, but Interesting how nearly 100,000 people can get the message so wrong but I digress.

I know Veteran’s who support what the players are doing because they understand the message they are sending and why they are doing it. They aren’t protesting the national anthem. They are protesting police brutality.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

In case you were wondering, there were a lot of injuries in last nights in Arizona vs Seattle game which could help us in the game we have vs Arizona coming up and down the stretch as we hopefully jockeying for a playoff spot with teams like Seattle.

Arizona LT D.J. Humphries and SS Tyvon Branch both left with right knee injuries early in the game. Humphries injured the same knee in the season opener. Branch was the Cardinals' leading tackler through eight games with 68.

Seahawks DT Jarran Reed left in the first quarter after re-aggregating a hamstring injury. And Seattle left tackle Duane Brown went down with an ankle injury in the second quarter.

Seattle linebacker Michael Wilhoite (calf) and Arizona tight end Ifeanyi Momah (ankle) also had to leave the contest.

The Seahawks already were without safety Earl Thomas, who sat out the game with a hamstring injury.

Arians said there's a possibility that Arizona’s Humphries, Branch and Momah all go on injured reserve.