GDT: The End is Near Edition - Wash v Boys

MightyMouse07

Just now, Desperado82 said:

S’ok. So long as we end up within the top fifteen, I think we’ll be ok.

Never! We need Top 10. Not even 1 win is acceptable. Because I was reserving those other 2 wins for the Giants and then the Eagles to give them just one more loss. 

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Don't worry will finish it today , best part is we eliminate you from any playoff hopes while we Will only need 4 games left against laughable teams 

and yes that last game was a fluke but hey should have turns into realities and today will show it 

goodgame Dallas take a seat

You really call it like you see it

Defense and special teams were the biggest contributors tonight.  A punt return TD for Switzer plus 3 combined turnovers forced.  Our line did a great job harassing Cousins.  Lawrence and Irving were menacing.  Liked what I saw from Awuzie and Woods.  Don't think we are that far away on defense.  Need one or two more impact pieces IMO.

Offensively, this was more of what I envisioned our offense being like when Zeke was out.  We miss his explosive big play ability and physicality, but Morris is a darn good back to have as 2nd string.  He got into a rhythm tonight because our line established themselves.  This was the first game since the suspension that the entire starting 5 played together.  Probably had something to do with it, but far from the only problem during those 3 games.

Dak's game is still off.  He was a little better today in terms of not turning the ball over and involving Dez more.  But 50% completion percentage and 102 yards will not get it done most games.  Our team was able to pick him up this time.  He needs to get it right.  And as for Dez, I was very happy to see him play more like his old self tonight.  Got the record breaking TD, drew another key PI call, and accounted for most of Dak's yardage.  I do think the chemistry between him and Dak is a bit off.  Dak is a little more cautious with the ball and is more hesitant to throw into tight windows whereas Tony Romo would throw it to Dez even if covered and trust him to come down with it.  Their chemistry on fades and back shoulder throws was great as well.  These are all things Dak can get better at with time if he and Dez work at it.

Now we get a nice extended break before playing the hapless Giants (who may or may not be led by Geno Smith).

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Never! We need Top 10. Not even 1 win is acceptable. Because I was reserving those other 2 wins for the Giants and then the Eagles to give them just one more loss. 

Meh. Taco was a disappointment, so whoever we draft next year should be a good player. 

Archived