GDT: The End is Near Edition - Wash v Boys

MightyMouse07

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Burn

Btw Kirk Cousins, as it stands, is on another level than Dak

Kirk is outstanding. He plays like Aikman. Accurate, poised, clutch, good delivery, limits turnovers. 

Problem is Aikman type of QB play in this era is no longer considered elite, because the rules favor QBs and WRs. 

Just now, Desperado82 said:

Do I sense a Romo jab? :lol:

I'll hold my final judgment on Dak when he's played a few years. Right now, he hasn't come close to 2011 Romo. But he started on a much higher floor. I'm excited to see where he goes. Now, his stats will look different than Romo's but he wins(when he wins) in a better(more sustainable) way IMO.

Just now, DaBoys said:

I'll hold my final judgment on Dak when he's played a few years. Right now, he hasn't come close to 2011 Romo. But he started on a much higher floor. I'm excited to see where he goes. Now, his stats will look different than Romo's but he wins(when he wins) in a better(more sustainable) way IMO.

I feel like people are way too quick to say he’s a one-year wonder or he needs an elite running game to have success. 

There are things he did last year that tell me that isn’t the case and due to several factors he and he team as a whole are experiencing a down year. 

Just now, Desperado82 said:

I feel like people are way too quick to say he’s a one-year wonder or he needs an elite running game to have success. 

There are things he did last year that tell me that isn’t the case and due to several factors he and he team as a whole are experiencing a down year. 

Yet, as I said earlier, these games without Zeke will end up being instrumental for Dak

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

He has so many things working against him.

When the protection improved, when Dez got some fire back, when the run worked, he excelled again.

See: Wilsons first 2, yrs

18 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

That good old "what have you done for me lately" football fan logic.

I've been pretty critical of Dak myself, but we all know that he is capable of playing better football than what we have been seeing lately. Just based on his character and the overall level of ability that we have seen from him this early in his career I think it makes sense to still be high on him and to hope and even expect that he'll get out of his current rut.

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It's amazing how well running the ball works. I wish we would do that when Zeke was actually playing. Morris gets 27 carries tonight. How many career games does Zeke have with 27 carries? I'll wait

Bye Linehan

6, including 4 in row before susp. 

Fun game tonight. Been waiting long time to see a returned kick. Morris probably has earned himself a new contract after being an afterthought. Hitch played great. Much needed win vs walking wounded. 

For me this game this team is all about how well we play in the trenches  when Dak has time to set his back foot in the pocket and then throw he is very accurate. That sets up play action and run pass read. When he is constantly under heavy pressure then he struggles as our receivers are not good at running hot reads against the blitz stuff.   On the other side we get sacks an stop the run then out secondary is not exposed so much and we get stops either way if the other QB has time we will not stop anyone. 

Archived