It's time for the referees to hold post-game press conferences

biggie.

I think two things can be true:

1. Yes it was an early hold

2. That rule is garbage. Within 5 yards of the LOS and an automatic first down on 3rd and 9. Just downright garbage on what this game has become for defenses. No illegal contact, no holding, no chance of running press man/Cover 2 and drive extenders. If it's a spot foul and repeat the down, that seems fair. 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 5 (not sure, as it was 2-4 yards on the holding portion), then that seems appropriate. The automatic first down portion is what I take issue with and always have.

That, and let's be honest, the irony here of how the Chiefs DB's have made a name for themselves on getting away with holding WR for 4+ years now, to go with what was the worst officiated game I've ever seen in the Bengals/Chiefs game. That is what makes this particular penalty so "bad" IMO. It's coming off of that game and seems to be convenient for the Chiefs.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That, and let's be honest, the irony here of how the Chiefs DB's have made a name for themselves on getting away with holding WR for 4+ years now, to go with what was the worst officiated game I've ever seen in the Bengals/Chiefs game. That is what makes this particular penalty so "bad" IMO. It's coming off of that game and seems to be convenient for the Chiefs.

Yeah. I think this is just how it goes though. This is just like the Patriots dynasty where they were the best team and Brady was the face of the NFL. I'm not trying to take anything away from them because they were clearly the best team, but the questionable calls always went their way. As it is in any professional sport, the superstars are always going to get the calls. Opposing teams are just going to have to play mistake-free football and Philly didn't do that yesterday. It sucks but that's the reality of it.

44 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And the pundits repeating the same “that’s not why you lost” line are sociopaths. Plain and simple.

It's so annoying. I'd agree if it happened earlier in the game or even if it resulted in KC scoring a game-tying TD. But the call for all intents and purposes ended the game. It went from Philly having a 50% chance to a .01% chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's so annoying. I'd agree if it happened earlier in the game or even if it resulted in KC scoring a game-tying TD. But the call for all intents and purposes ended the game. It went from Philly having a 50% chance to a .01% chance.

It could happen to KC and then it’s the same thing. You couldn’t stop them. You let their offense be on the field too long. The idea that if you don’t play a perfect game and whip up a magical scheme to stop an unstoppable offense, it’s okay for the refs to decide it is idiotic. The fact is they did what they had to do to have a chance for a game winning drive and it was stolen from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think two things can be true:

1. Yes it was an early hold

2. That rule is garbage. Within 5 yards of the LOS and an automatic first down on 3rd and 9. Just downright garbage on what this game has become for defenses. No illegal contact, no holding, no chance of running press man/Cover 2 and drive extenders. If it's a spot foul and repeat the down, that seems fair. 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 5 (not sure, as it was 2-4 yards on the holding portion), then that seems appropriate. The automatic first down portion is what I take issue with and always have.

It's the automatic first down that gets me and not just in this game.  

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradberry got away with a hold in the first half and KC punted he didn’t get away with it on that play. 

such is life

This is a problem.  Call it every time and nobody will complain afterwards.  It's the inconsistency that is the real issue in officiating.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Does anyone think Juju doesn't score a TD here if the holding doesn't happen? It clearly looks like Bradberry was beat and restricted Juju from getting separation. 

He doesn’t. Just my opinion, but that didn’t affect the play at all. He definitely didn’t tug him hard enough to restrict him from running down the field. It cost him what…MAYBE 1/4 of a step?

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

He doesn’t. Just my opinion, but that didn’t affect the play at all. He definitely didn’t tug him hard enough to restrict him from running down the field. It cost him what…MAYBE 1/4 of a step?

Bradberry was clearly playing inside leverage too far and Juju runs away from him without the grab IMO. You can say a half step all you want but it halted momentum and gave Bradberry a chance to stick with him better. 

I think it's an easy pitch and catch TD without the tug.