The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Yup. Whoever comes in as the new OC needs to open up the playbook for Hurts. I always felt like we had too basic of a route tree for the WRs. WR screens, go routes, curl and out routes. We hardly did anything over the middle of the field. Devonta seemed to be impacted the most out of this. We probably only targeted AJ on a slant once or twice a game. We have absolutely 0 screen plays to the RBs that worked. Im looking forward and hopeful Jalen can take that next step reading the defenses and throwing from the pocket and getting better pocket awareness so that we can completely open up the playbook.

I actually think the simplicity of the offense is what made it unique. While the rest of the league has been trying to out think each other, we just ran through them. When they tried to cheat the run, we'd take the deep shot and get a quick score. It's a simple game complicated by coaches. Definitely need a few hot routes and places to get the easy five, but the scheme itself fit the roster perfectly. 

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

I have rule #1 covered

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

I am so glad I took yesterday off.  Was majorly hungover, too old to be that hungover, and obviously in a foul mood.

The recliner, my grand daughter and cartoons was good therapy.

These statements are contradictory. 

On another note…so…many…ads on here. 

Edited by Outlaw

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

More speaking to “cool” and “grandpa.” 🤣

Haha.  Yeah, generally those things do not go together, but becoming one at 45 gives me some latitude I hope.

I would not trade it for anything, and with recent situations and having my daughter in law and grand daughter living with us for the moment, that smiling face when I get home from work makes all my troubles go away.