The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Obviously Hurts ain't going anywhere, but what do you think we would get in a trade for him if Lurie found out Jalen banged his, Howies, and Stouts wives at the same time? What would a Hurts haul look like?

Hm, the ask would be

2 firsts, a conditional 1st and vet.

Team like the Jets or Commies would be the target, since they’ll miss out on the QBs this year. Panthers maybe too.

Im sure he still have doubters though, he’s different. Which in the NFL makes you divisive to the old dudes in charge.

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Obviously Hurts ain't going anywhere, but what do you think we would get in a trade for him if Lurie found out Jalen banged his, Howies, and Stouts wives at the same time? What would a Hurts haul look like?

It would have to be the same package type Russ was traded for. 

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They wouldn’t trade him. They’d be sitting the in corner watching him. 

NTTAWWT 

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They would probably give him a contract just to do that.

Hurts is going to get his this offseason.

Like others have mentioned, he is Russell Wilson 2.0.

And somehow I think the Eagles go and draft a premiere OL, RB, and slot WR between RD1-RD3. Hopefully doing so in a series of trade downs. Addressing defense with the other picks.

Eagles lost to the Chiefs in a shootout. A great Eagles defense got taken behind the shed. Give Hurts all the tools on offense to win the next Super Bowl shootout.

How in the bloody hell do you all plan to keep all of these free agents?

8 of your 11 starters on D are free agents!  Did not pay either starting safety over a million dollars last year, three starting DL could all be out and two starting LBs.  Not to mention maybe losing a Hall of Fame center and possibly 2-3 running backs even though addressing that in the draft 1st or 2nd round could be a very good option and an easy replacement.  

Could address CB in the high 1st round with Gonzalez to replace Bradberry which at the moment I think they should go with that.  Gibbs maybe late 1st to replace Sanders or could wait and get a RB later on.  Byron Young in late 2nd to replace Graham or if not that Benton late 2nd to replace Hargrave.  Then maybe Brandon Joseph or Jordan Battle to replace Epps or Gardner-Johnson. 

Still that leaves the OLB spot open, maybe Dean fills in that ILB spot.  Jordan Davis fills the Cox void but depth is hurt especially with Suh and Joseph out but not like they did much anyway, same with Quinn who was hurt.  Maybe Janarious Robinson steps up as a edge backup guy.  Do have Jurgens if Kelce retires which could help.    

Still that is a ton of guys that have to be replaced.  Still have starting OG potentially out, and depth at OT/OG backup in Dillard gone most likely as well as well as general OL depth.  Also have backup QB potentially an issue especially with how Hurts will get hurt based on how often and aggressive he runs the ball.  

Maybe they should go with O'Cyrus Torrence Florida SR OG in the end of the 1st instead of Gibbs who is a little on the weaker side and they might need a more power back to take hits instead of Hurts.  

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How in the bloody hell do you all plan to keep all of these free agents?

8 of your 11 starters on D are free agents!  Did not pay either starting safety over a million dollars last year, three starting DL could all be out and two starting LBs.  Not to mention maybe losing a Hall of Fame center and possibly 2-3 running backs even though addressing that in the draft 1st or 2nd round could be a very good option and an easy replacement.  

Could address CB in the high 1st round with Gonzalez to replace Bradberry which at the moment I think they should go with that.  Gibbs maybe late 1st to replace Sanders or could wait and get a RB later on.  Byron Young in late 2nd to replace Graham or if not that Benton late 2nd to replace Hargrave.  Then maybe Brandon Joseph or Jordan Battle to replace Epps or Gardner-Johnson. 

Still that leaves the OLB spot open, maybe Dean fills in that ILB spot.  Jordan Davis fills the Cox void but depth is hurt especially with Suh and Joseph out but not like they did much anyway, same with Quinn who was hurt.  Maybe Janarious Robinson steps up as a edge backup guy.  Do have Jurgens if Kelce retires which could help.    

Still that is a ton of guys that have to be replaced.  Still have starting OG potentially out, and depth at OT/OG backup in Dillard gone most likely as well as well as general OL depth.  Also have backup QB potentially an issue especially with how Hurts will get hurt based on how often and aggressive he runs the ball.  

Maybe they should go with O'Cyrus Torrence Florida SR OG in the end of the 1st instead of Gibbs who is a little on the weaker side and they might need a more power back to take hits instead of Hurts.  

Will be interesting 

I think the thing that’s discounted is there is a real shot Hurts’ real money doesn’t kick in next year. 

If we were gonna get a new DC, this was the year. Because they’ll have a good chance to help nudge things in the direction they see fit.

Answer probably is, 

1. They trust Stoutland to figure out the RG spot and depth. He’s the best in the league for a reason.
  2. At least one of those safeties is back. I’d imagine they’ll try to get CGJ. Bradberry walks.
  3. all the old dudes along the dline walk, save for Brandon Graham. Maybe Fletch comes back after testing the market. Joseph talked a lot like he wanted to be here on clean out day so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  4. They don’t care about LBs, unless the new DC makes it a point…they’ll scrap along and hope Nakobe really shows up.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Will be interesting 

I think the thing that’s discounted is there is a real shot Hurts’ real money doesn’t kick in next year. 

If we were gonna get a new DC, this was the year. Because they’ll have a good chance to help nudge things in the direction they see fit.

Answer probably is, 

1. They trust Stoutland to figure out the RG spot and depth. He’s the best in the league for a reason.
  2. At least one of those safeties is back. I’d imagine they’ll try to get CGJ. Bradberry walks.
  3. all the old dudes along the dline walk, save for Brandon Graham. Maybe Fletch comes back after testing the market. Joseph talked a lot like he wanted to be here on clean out day so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  4. They don’t care about LBs, unless the new DC makes it a point…they’ll scrap along and hope Nakobe really shows up.

Stoutland is great and the best in the league but not sure they have the starting RG on the roster unless they think Driscoll can do it but I thought he was more of the backup OT, Opeta maybe but didn't Dillard fill in as a backup OT and OG last year.  And Sill is in massive league trouble and probably is out of the league or will be.

Sure LBs do not matter but Dean would have to standout and honestly Davion Taylor sucks so they need someone at OLB opposite Reddick and if Dean is in the middle.  Or if they think Bradley could do it or Patrick Johnson but Johnson is more of a pass rush guy I thought.  

Their time was this past year though with how many solid players they had and that stacked roster and they kind of blew it.  D got walked on and could not stop the run against the Chiefs at all and really lost the game.  

Kelce sounds about 55/45 in favor of returning next year.

I think Big Brother syndrome will force him to play 1 more year. Losing to your little bro and then retiring probably doesn't sit right with Jason, even though it sounds poetic, and Jason definitely had a lot of fun playing this year.
Lane, Landon, and Mailata being here and having the bond they do with Jason certainly doesn't hurt our chances of the band staying together for one more tour either.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Stoutland is great and the best in the league but not sure they have the starting RG on the roster unless they think Driscoll can do it but I thought he was more of the backup OT, Opeta maybe but didn't Dillard fill in as a backup OT and OG last year.  And Sill is in massive league trouble and probably is out of the league or will be.

Sure LBs do not matter but Dean would have to standout and honestly Davion Taylor sucks so they need someone at OLB opposite Reddick and if Dean is in the middle.  Or if they think Bradley could do it or Patrick Johnson but Johnson is more of a pass rush guy I thought.  

Their time was this past year though with how many solid players they had and that stacked roster and they kind of blew it.  D got walked on and could not stop the run against the Chiefs at all and really lost the game.  

They’ll have to add a piece for sure. Even if Kelce does stay (sounds like he might) and Jurgens can shift to RG. They’ll need to replenish depth.

Plan at LB me get just be get one 3 down dude, Dean if they trust him taking over, and go DBs for the most part. You sign a dude off the street to be your other “starter” but he’s snaps are less than Avonte. I’d love for it not to be the case…but it is what it is. Unless we are shifting schemes to one that is more LB focused, can’t see them changing. Howie and co would rather invest in that second platoon of DLine than LB.

Nakobe’s instincts seemed to have come with him to the NFL when he got in. I think if he can plus up his body to deliver some blows it’ll be his job.

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Eagles lost to the Chiefs in a shootout. A great Eagles defense got taken behind the shed. Give Hurts all the tools on offense to win the next Super Bowl shootout.

Eagles didn't lose to the Chiefs because they didn't have enough weapons. They lost because they couldn't stop the Chief's "Defensively" in the 2nd 1/2.

I have Zero doubt, if the holding call didn't occur and Jalen was given 2 minutes to drive the field for the game tying FG or game winning TD he'd done it. 

Hurts didn't get that chance because our defense couldn't get off the field the last 6 mins of the game.

It's 2023 and people still believe in the cap? Howie is going to move money around, Hurts cap hit will be $15M at worst. Slay and Lane will restructure. Will we hurt a bit and need our young guys (including 2023 class) to step up if we want to match 2022 success? Probably, but we're hardly being gutted.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's 2023 and people still believe in the cap? Howie is going to move money around, Hurts cap hit will be $15M at worst. Slay and Lane will restructure. Will we hurt a bit and need our young guys (including 2023 class) to step up if we want to match 2022 success? Probably, but we're hardly being gutted.

Ya not sure where this narrative is coming from lol. Howie is going to get the job done. We are going to keep the important guys on defense for the most part. We will definitely lose one key guy, or two tops, but the others that walk aren't that important. I want to let Kyzir walk so we can see what we have in Dean. I would be fine letting Epps walk because I think Reed is ready to start next year.

Our roster will essentially be pretty similar to what it was this past year in terms of starters on offense. If Isaac leaves I could see a world where Jurgens takes over at RG for a year. Other than that our offense is going to be the exact same.

We will lose some key guys on D. Probably 2 or 3, but we will definitely bring some back as well. We have nice draft capital to fill some holes which will give us a shot to be competitive on that side of the ball. I definitely see Bradberry walking and picking a CB at 10 to be a very solid option. There are three dudes that are top 10 worthy at that spot in the draft. At DT we just have to hope Davis can come into his own next year and earns a lot more snaps. Milton played really well on the back half of the season this year though and I could see them expanding his role going forward. Our defense likely takes a step back in talent, but they will still have a number of guys who can get the job done. Hopefully a new DC gives us a bit more bite as well.

We will be ok. We likely won't have the absolute best roster in football next season, but we should be good enough to get to the dance and if we can remain healthy might have another shot to go for a championship.