The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I am so tired of hoping and projecting the Eagles will draft a CB in the 1st round that I am not even going to try and predict that this year.  They have ignored DE and CB in the 1st (other than Bustnett) so much, that they find themselves in the same position as 2018 and 2019 where they have to fill holes with one-year deals rather than get some foundational pieces in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I am so tired of hoping and projecting the Eagles will draft a CB in the 1st round that I am not even going to try and predict that this year.  They have ignored DE and CB in the 1st (other than Bustnett) so much, that they find themselves in the same position as 2018 and 2019 where they have to fill holes with one-year deals rather than get some foundational pieces in the draft.  

Oh boy, don't get me started on that...

Besides. We know Howie is a bad drafter but he might be even worse specifically on defense when you see that only two of the good players on Defense were drafted (Sweat and Maddox) by him. 

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

45 is the starting point for Jalen and the eagles have no leverage because there is no 5th year. 

Sure they do, they have the franchise tag.  Let him play out his deal, and see if he can duplicate this success with changes at coordinator, and having to potentially carry a lesser defense.

And, play all 17 games as a starter, which he has not done yet.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sure they do, they have the franchise tag.  Let him play out his deal, and see if he can duplicate this success with changes at coordinator, and having to potentially carry a lesser defense.

You do not wait to extend hurts. You sign him now before the other top guys all get their deals. Rather pay 45 right now then 60+ after playing out the contract plus a franchise tag. 

He's that guy and proved it. Give him his money and let's move on to other stuff

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with a stud swing lineman - however, which one you taking at 10? I don’t know if there’s an offensive lineman worth that pick right now. 

Skoronski based on mocks, but I don't know if Skoronski is actually top 10 quality.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Has franchising a QB ever been a good move? 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Where do you think Porter goes in the draft? From my early analysis, I think he’s the corner I like the most.

I have Gonzalez slightly ahead of him, but you know it will be a lineman at 10.

Tyrique Stevenson is a guy I would look at in round 2.

Edited by downundermike

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Has franchising a QB ever been a good move? 

Generally not, but first time for everything, right ??

If everything I hear about Jalen is true, seems like the type that would so OK, you want me to prove it, watch this and then go out and do it.

So then he either gets paid, and I am good with it, or it doesn't work out, and the Eagles were right to wait.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Where do you think Porter goes in the draft? From my early analysis, I think he’s the corner I like the most.

I think we could get him in the early to mid 20s. Thats if teams fall in love with Ringo and Gonzalez. 

Edited by UndyTaker

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Generally not, but first time for everything, right ??

If everything I hear about Jalen is true, seems like the type that would so OK, you want me to prove it, watch this and then go out and do it.

So then he either gets paid, and I am good with it, or it doesn't work out, and the Eagles were right to wait.

Meh. He’s been everything you’ve wanted. You don’t mess around with him and his money. You get him done in the next couple months, you show good faith, get him a little cheaper and jump the gun on any new boom QB contracts. Doesn’t really do us any good screwing around with him. Sure, he could regress but I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze here.