The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Hurts will get a contract with a bunch of exit ramps and those will be exercised in three years when the abuse from his running diminishes his game. The offense until then will carry a very very young defense and we will go through the 18 & 19 seasons over again where we are good, but not good enough. Howie will be the most hated man in football at 2025 and the cycle will start over again with the dead cap being that of a franchise QB like it is this year lol now get hyped. This isn't trolling btw, it is how I see it playing out at this moment. This was the year to go all in for a chip. We fell short and now we are going to have to rebuild the defense while hoping we get zero diminishing returns on offense 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Only thing I can really be happy about at this point is saving a bunch of money and getting comp picks next year. But it’s been a boring off season so far. Howie might be punting 2023. See what the younger kids got and reassess after this year. 

You know the league year does not start until next week.  We have no idea what Howie's plans are.

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie might be punting 2023. See what the younger kids got and reassess after this year. 

Howie is not punting a season after narrowly losing a SB. Not sure what you all really expect with 22 FA?

If this wasn't the year where Hurts is expected and desrvingly so to get his contract extension,  I 100% believe more players and extensions would of occured by now.

I think his plan is to hammer out a deal as soon as possible with Jalen, has already set aside cap money for Kelce and has targeted several players he/they wants back. Whether they all chase the money or want to stay on a team friendly deal remains to be seen.

There is no punting going on but reality does suck!

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah couldn't think of his name. 

Always an interesting reaction video. Love watching him after a free agent or trade pick up. Not always the most informational, but one hell of a show lol 

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Only thing I can really be happy about at this point is saving a bunch of money and getting comp picks next year. But it’s been a boring off season so far. Howie might be punting 2023. See what the younger kids got and reassess after this year. 

I get it somewhat but it's hard to wrap my head around punting. Just moves us closer to more contract extensions like Devonta and Dickerson. The Hurts deal probably kicks in the following season. 

Seems like this is the year not to punt. Maybe I'm wrong tho

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Howie is not punting a season after narrowly losing a SB. Not sure what you all really expect with 22 FA?

If this wasn't the year where Hurts is expected and desrvingly so to get his contract extension,  I 100% believe more players and extensions would of occured by now.

I think his plan is to hammer out a deal as soon as possible with Jalen, has already set aside cap money for Kelce and has targeted several players he/they wants back. Whether they all chase the money or want to stay on a team friendly deal remains to be seen.

There is no punting going on but reality does suck!

well realistically what can howie do to fill 22 holes? With limited cap and a looming extension for Hurts

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah I enjoy his rambles. I just put it on my TV while I clean up or whatever. Appreciate the love for the eagles from him

I like him and Big Sils just so I can get counter arguments. I prefer to hear both the positives and potential negatives because the optimistic ignore and the pessimistic harp too long. I want to be excited about signings, but bad teams ignore the cap and we are walking such a thin line. I think I side with Howie in a youth movement while letting the offense carry the team for a season or two on rookie contracts and hope Hurts progresses in the pocket and stops running into walls. That's what the dude behind him is for. 

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well realistically what can howie do to fill 22 holes? With limited cap and a looming extension for Hurts

Put the roster on the black couch? 

Jokes aside. Rookie contracts and pray 

Edited by Shalodeep

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Put the roster on the black couch? 

Jokes aside. Rookie contracts and pray 

Well Howie may not be punting 2023 but his hands also may just be tied. It is what it is situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I like him and Big Sils just so I can get counter arguments. I prefer to hear both the positives and potential negatives because the optimistic ignore and the pessimistic harp too long. I want to be excited about signings, but bad teams ignore the cap and we are walking such a thin line. I think I side with Howie in a youth movement while letting the offense carry the team for a season or two on rookie contracts and hope Hurts progresses in the pocket and stops running into walls. That's what the dude behind him is for. 

I can't stand Siles. He just likes to troll the Eagles. His takes are like razor blades to the ears.