The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So this is the kind of stuff I see reason for being upset.

Meh, this is business when it comes to older guys that play young positions.  Howie definitely could have done a better job preparing to lose two starting CBs in one off-season. So I see your point if that’s it. But for all we know, it could be Slay asking for a bump if he didn’t want to renegotiate a restructure or something. I would say it’s not too serious but Drew probably leaked it so maybe it is. 

Edited by Jroc04

The defense clearly will be heavily focused this offseason. I know SB fleecing is a thing but dang. They will get a decent pick for Slay if he does indeed go, and then they will draft a CB at 10. I felt they were anyways but this pretty much seals it.

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, I gotta imagine the Eagles approached him to restructure or even take a pay cut. I really don’t see a market for a 32 year old corner looking for money. Doubt anyone bites. 

Yeah. Helpful for the situation if they can get some numbers on what a deal would look like elsewhere.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

The defense clearly will be heavily focused this offseason. I know SB fleecing is a thing but dang. They will get a decent pick for Slay if he does indeed go, and then they will draft a CB at 10. I felt they were anyways but this pretty much seals it.

Hit em with that Lito, Sheldon back to back this year looks like. 

1 minute ago, ACO said:

Probably should, but won’t be surprised at all if after #10 they go offense with over half of the picks.

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Didn't expect a semi-rebuild year after the SB but it looks like we're headed that way. 

Yep, be interesting to see what the defense we field next year looks like.

Good not be missing, Hargrave, Cox, Suh, Joseph, Edwards, White, CJGJ, Bradberry and Slay.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Probably should, but won’t be surprised at all if after #10 they go offense with over half of the picks.

I wouldn't be surprised. They might trade down from 10 as well. The young talent now has time to shine. They got that experience last season and a new set of rookies. A new DC with his own squad is not a bad thing. I mean honestly look what happened with Dallas. They allowed DQ to draft his guys and bring over who fit in is system and changed that defense in a year.  So resetting the clock and building the future is not a bad thing. Just didn't expect it so fast.

I'd be surprised if they traded him. The dead cap hit would be pretty nuts. In addition given his age, and contract I would expect finding a partner would be very difficult.

They are likely trying to work out an extension and Slay got a little salty. I would imagine this is a negotiation ploy.

That being said, anything can happen, and the fact that this is out there is.....

Russian Reaction GIF

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd be surprised if they traded him. The dead cap hit would be pretty nuts. In addition given his age, and contract I would expect finding a partner would be very difficult.

They are likely trying to work out an extension and Slay got a little salty. I would imagine this is a negotiation ploy.

That being said, anything can happen, and the fact that this is out there is.....

Russian Reaction GIF

Post June is actually not the end of the world. Can't post a picture, but post June is 9.2 this year and 12 next vs 21 this year 

I don't think he gets traded. Seems like a negotiation tool and I guarantee the Eagles don't let him walk for cheap if they do trade him. I'd guess we would be looking for a 2nd in compensation.

Will be interesting to see what happens for sure though. CB is definitely not a spot we can lose another starter at and be ok. We don't have the depth on the roster. If we move Slay we will be doing some heavy reinvestment at that position.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Post June is actually not the end of the world. Can't post a picture, but post June is 9.2 this year and 12 next vs 21 this year 

But that doesn't help them for free agency because even when you designate someone a post June 1, their cap charge doesn't come off the books until June 1

• Like 1