AJ Speaks on the trade...

Chocolateman78

Not sure if I can share the link but AJ was on the newest episode of the RAW ROOM with Darren Bates and Jalen Collins. HE speaks on his side of the trade.

Highlights'

Titans offered 16.5 mill with a chance to go to 20 mil with incentives

AJ was insulted because he knew he couldn't hit the incentives behind Derrick Henry

His agent told him to stop communicating with the team.

AJ was willing to stay for 22 million and never wanted to leave Nashville because of his daughter

Claims Vrabs, knew this

Apparently only plans to play 5 or so more years.

Was mad at Vrabs for awhile because he believed him when he said he's never be traded as long as he was coach.

Also he claims the Titans told Philly he was injured during trade negotiations, apparently hoping Philly wouldn't take the trade, which would allow them to comeback and pressure AJ into taking the low ball deal they were offering.

That tracks with what I thought about the trade. They lowballed him with incentives, and I too would look crazy at them wanting me to hit incentives knowing good and well they were gonna feed Derrick 400 touches a season. The allegations that they told Philly he was hurt in an effort to bluff them out of trading is kinda wild. 

I wasn't gonna comment on this topic just because it's so over.

But I think this is one sign of the story. Not that he is lying but from I heard and know of, it is my belief that the is leaving some things out. 
An offer was made to him that would have paid him pretty much same as Chris Godwin. Incentives not included, but by that time he didn't want anything to do with the Titans.  WR market exploded between the 16.5 offer and Titans wanted to treat the Kirk deal as an anomaly, not the norm. Then Hill happened and things just went downhill from there.

Also his side doesn't paint Vrabel in the innocent light that so many wanted and put all the blame on Robinson. 

AJ just needs to stop talking. Just go make us mad with your play. He sounds so petty about it. 

Really not sure what the Vrabel bit is. Vrabel was on record adamantly saying he wanted AJ here. He wasn’t the trigger man.

I hope Treylon comes out and has a better year than AJ next year. I thought this was a mistake, but I am so tired of AJs mouth.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

AJ just needs to stop talking. Just go make us mad with your play. He sounds so petty about it. 

Really not sure what the Vrabel bit is. Vrabel was on record adamantly saying he wanted AJ here. He wasn’t the trigger man.

I hope Treylon comes out and has a better year than AJ next year. I thought this was a mistake, but I am so tired of AJs mouth.

lol Mike DID say as long as Im the coach he wont be traded... When other head coaches say things like that.. You tend to believe them when they are talking about cornerstone players I kinda feel him with the low ball offer really did hurt him. Do I think he acted a bit to fast with cutting comms with the team and pushing his way out? Yes and it was his age showing frfr 

But he has talked more than any other traded player in the NFL about his old team. It has gotten old. And I think thats cause of how silly this whole thing was. All in all I think we as fans are moving on but for him idk if he will till he has something happen in philly.  Have ONE BAD SEASON haha. Underperform next year and miss the playoffs or something (I doubt it) and see how much FUN it is...  They got super lucky getting to the SB. That was a EZ playoff run and when those philly fans start to turn.. Watch lol

But yeee Im DONE talking about one one.. We got Burks and whole season has went by. Lets all be thankful for the great moments and plays he made in two tone blue and move on. My eyes are on another player that wears 11 but this 11 runs a sub 4.3 wears a lot of orange but would look GREAT in two tone blue hahaha 

The only part that seems unlikely to me is that we told Philly he was hurt in the hopes they wouldn’t make the trade. Because why? We didn’t have to make the trade. If we didn’t want to trade him to Philly, we just wouldn’t have agreed to trade him and let cooler heads prevail a couple months down the road like the Niners did with Deebo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The only part that seems unlikely to me is that we told Philly he was hurt in the hopes they wouldn’t make the trade. Because why? We didn’t have to make the trade. If we didn’t want to trade him to Philly, we just wouldn’t have agreed to trade him and let cooler heads prevail a couple months down the road like the Niners did with Deebo.

I think JRob wanted to keep AJ, but at a certain number. And if he couldn't get that number, he'd rather have the picks.

I think they were hoping to scare the Eagles out of the trading, then they could come back to AJ's people like ' Hey, we tried to trade you, nobody is going to give you the number you want via trade, so you should take our deal if you want a payday now.' That's the epitome of hard ball. I think when Philly called the bluff and agreed to the trade terms and the contract, JRob decided to make the move. I think Vrabel thought things would simmer like what happened with the 9ners and Deebo.

Thats likely where Vrabes and JRob ultimately split. Vrabs likely thought trade talks was a negotiation ploy, when JRob actually pulled the trigger it may have created the rift that ultimately lost JRob his job.

• Like 1

Yea, it came down to the real value of a player and what the market dictates.  The market was raised significantly with the Kirk signing.  Everyone wants to dramatize everything but AJ's agent broke off talks and I'm not sure what is going on.  If he really would have stayed for $22 did ARob know that.  Sounds great now.  You have a real good WR in AJ but he is one player and did have a history of getting dinged.  The ARob wasn't going to sign AJ with an empty check for him to fill in.  $22 in Nashville is every bit as much as $25 in Philly and who the heck wants to live in Philly.  AJ and his agent (who obviously only had AJ's best interests in mind) screwed this up IMO.    

Also, that crap about wanting to stay for his child?  So maybe making $20 mil isn't worth staying for your child?  Give me a break.  He was looking for the biggest payday period.  You almost always start negations with the sides apart.  Then you negotiate to a middle ground.  I didn't see that happening.  And sorry, we couldn't pay AJ QB money with a QB contract.  That was a luxury Philly had for now.  

Also, JRob screwed the draft more than the AJ trade hurt us.  Knowing the Lewan situation and coming into his last year try and trade down or take an OT there (a long term LT better than NPF).  WRs can be found later.  Bolster the OL (still take NPF in the 3rd to compete at OT but more to play LG).  He knew we were not substantial at LG.  I liked the McCreary pick but that should have been where we take a WR.  Wasn't a big fan of the Willis pick either although it seemed cool at the time.   We could have picked Parham instead of Willis and had an OG who could take over for Jones at C.  Knowing Davis was a FA and the massive holes in the OL it should have been more of a priority. 

As valuable as WRs are you have to be able to protect the QB and having better run blocking might be nice as well.  I'm guessing even a guy like Woods gets well over 53 catches and 500 yards just by giving the QB more time to throw.  To execute plays you need a team effort.  ARob also looked real bad because of all the injuries.  Burks being out for a number of games, Phillips not playing at all really hurt.