Rams trade CB Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins for 3rd rounder + TE Hunter Long

RaidersAreOne

Nah.. this is absolute garbage. Les has to go. Time won’t make this feel better. We have the worst defense in the league or easily bottom 5 right now. It’s pathetic. Was looking forward to this off season but after an absolutely garbage season we can’t even have that either. Team is such a joke. Not sure what it’ll take to make up for such a screw up. 

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I mean the thing that bothers me so much is that. Why would even bring back the guys? Why not let Sean and Donald retire. This only hurts their legacy 😂 

Which is why I’m not convinced we’re not going to make moves to compete this year. 

if the offense returns to its former, potent glory, then I don’t see why we can’t make another run this season. All the defense has to do is continue to hold teams at that 16-21 point range and we’re fine. However, we have to find a way to get a pass rusher and perhaps a safety. The Rams have to make up for the loss of Ramsey somewhere.

This is an epic failure. A 3rd rounder for a top 12 defensive player in the league still under 30 is football malpractice. That's something Bill O'Brien would have done.

I've slept on it and I'm still just blown away at the ineptitude of this trade. Who cares if that's where he wanted to go? Get the best return. 

15 hours ago, Flounch said:

This year is clearly a transition year....i'm expecting nothing major in FA. 

Just hope right now, that we can trade Robinson and get out of his awful contract. 

If I'm other teams and I watch us release Wagner and FLoyd + trade Ramsey for a F'n 3rd rounder, I'd just play the waiting game and get A-Rob once he's cut too.

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Which is why I’m not convinced we’re not going to make moves to compete this year. 

If that's the case, it makes the trade that much worse. Why trade away a top defensive player for peanuts if you're planning on competing this year? 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is an epic failure. A 3rd rounder for a top 12 defensive player in the league still under 30 is football malpractice. That's something Bill O'Brien would have done.

I've slept on it and I'm still just blown away at the ineptitude of this trade. Who cares if that's where he wanted to go? Get the best return. 

This is my biggest gripe. F making these dudes happy. They got paid. It’s like

getting fired from midas but being then the boss said! Let me call my guy in apple he’ll hire you. My guy I went from 35k to 350k…

same crap with woods. The ROI on Ramsey was booty. Send his as to XFL if they pay more…. This whole do right by the players is annoying. Yet we cut/Trade guys like, Gurley, Cooks and Goff. How is that better? 

All I can say is 

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

If that's the case, it makes the trade that much worse. Why trade away a top defensive player for peanuts if you're planning on competing this year? 

Perhaps they’ll make a move on a top tier pass rusher and/or safety. That would offset the loss of Ramsey at CB. We can’t have elite talent everywhere on defense all of the time, and even when we DID have that, we still sucked because our offense couldn’t score points. 

2 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Perhaps they’ll make a move on a top tier pass rusher and/or safety. That would offset the loss of Ramsey at CB. We can’t have elite talent everywhere on defense all of the time, and even when we DID have that, we still sucked because our offense couldn’t score points. 

Personally, I'd rather have a top tier CB1 than a pass rusher (especially since we've seen basically everyone produce next to AD), but I guess I would be fine with that depending who it was. Who do you think we could get? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If I'm other teams and I watch us release Wagner and FLoyd + trade Ramsey for a F'n 3rd rounder, I'd just play the waiting game and get A-Rob once he's cut too.

According to OverTheCap, the Rams would eat $26M in dead money by cutting Robinson pre-June 1 and $18M if they were to cut him post-June 1. At that point, the Rams would be better off just keeping Robinson until they have an actual “out” in the contract following 2023. Cutting Robinson following the season would cost them the same amount if he were on the roster. After 2023, Robinson would only be owed $8.4M if the Rams were to cut him.

The only realistic option for the Rams this offseason when it comes to moving on from Robinson is to find a trade partner. Given how Robinson has played the last two seasons and his current contract, that will be easier said that done. Teams won’t be rushing to the phone to see if Robinson is available.

If the Rams were to trade Robinson pre-June 1, they would eat just $11.2M in dead money and have a cap savings of $6.8M. However, if they trade him post-June 1, that cap saving increases to $15.2M with a dead money hit of just $2.8M.

I don't think cutting him is an option for us...

But is there a worst man in the NFL than Snead when we talked about giving bad contract to players ? It seems like since he's with the Rams, the number of very bad contract keeps adding up. Luckily for him, it's not his money....

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Personally, I'd rather have a top tier CB1 than a pass rusher (especially since we've seen basically everyone produce next to AD), but I guess I would be fine with that depending who it was. Who do you think we could get? 

I hear ya, but with the way offenses are nowadays and how athletic QBs are getting, we need a guy who can set the edge in run defense and sack the QB consistently, not streaky guys like Floyd who disappears for a dozen or more games per season. 

I don’t have a list in front of me right now, but I’m sure we can find an edge rusher or two who won’t bankrupt us. If we can’t sign the right player, we can beef up the safety position. I’ve had my eye on Jordan Poyer. 

• Like 1