John Fox is still employed

G08

Bottom line is there is zero faith in Fangio or Loggains to do anything with this team and even if they could do something better what would be the outcome? A worst draft position and muddied waters over the entire coaching staff being sacked...there is no point...yes everyone should be held accountable and without doubt will be at the end of the season but right now you might as well keep these guys in place to make the buyout less then focus on who is going to be your HC and who will be on your roster next season.

There's a semblance of respect as well... right now John Fox is the losing-est coach in Chicago Bears history. We have, what, 4 games left? Let Fox see if he can get one or two more and save himself the embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

There's a semblance of respect as well... right now John Fox is the losing-est coach in Chicago Bears history. We have, what, 4 games left? Let Fox see if he can get one or two more and save himself the embarrassment.

Why?

Fox has made 20+ million and delivered 12 wins. His teams have looked downright unprepared for many games and undisciplined and sloppy in others. He deserves nothing from the Bears and should not be given the opportunity to waste another game for the Bears.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Why?

Fox has made 20+ million and delivered 12 wins. His teams have looked downright unprepared for many games and undisciplined and sloppy in others. He deserves nothing from the Bears and should not be given the opportunity to waste another game for the Bears.

I don't disagree but from a managerial standpoint, it's professional courtesy. You've spent 3 years working and planning and you're just not getting the results. What the hell difference does 4 games make? What makes us think firing him and making Loggains HC does anything good for us when none of them are in our future plans?

Change for the sake of change, in my football world, is pointless.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bottom line is there is zero faith in Fangio or Loggains to do anything with this team and even if they could do something better what would be the outcome? A worst draft position and muddied waters over the entire coaching staff being sacked...there is no point...yes everyone should be held accountable and without doubt will be at the end of the season but right now you might as well keep these guys in place to make the buyout less then focus on who is going to be your HC and who will be on your roster next season.

It doesn't muddy anything and it does little effect the draft position.

It does send a clear message that this is unacceptable and you will not be allowed to embarrass the franchise and continue your employment. The team has quit on Fox, the second that happens the coach should be fired. At that moment you are just wasting snaps.

Trestman only made it to the end of the season because Emery was going too.

49 minutes ago, G08 said:

The flip side of that, then, is that Trubisky could get pummeled and may get happy feet/rattled and start throwing INTs.

What's the point?

Right now it's about getting him real NFL experience. Get in and out of the huddle, work on reading defenses, work through your progressions, stay consistent with your mechanics, etc. He's doing all of that... raised his completion % by 3 points yesterday and has a "respectable" 74.6 rating. Goff last year was 63.6, Wentz a 79.3.

35 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not so sure that letting Loggains have free reign over the offense will be a good thing for Mitch.  At the same time it pains me to continue to watch this bland boring offense at work.

I still don't why it so important that we see a coaching change happen right now.  In 4 weeks it will not matter because they will all be gone.

Because future building blocks on the team are either being used incorrectly or not at all, at the minimum if Fox is fired Shaheen can get on the field and start to develop but he isn't doing that these last 4 games with Fox.

Why?

You know how they say that you can't expect different results when you do the same over and over again?

Well that's how I feel when it comes to Bears fans complaining about firing a coach during the season.  It's never been done before and at this point it doesn't look like it will happen this year either whether we like it or not.

Just now, G08 said:

I don't disagree but from a managerial standpoint, it's professional courtesy. You've spent 3 years working and planning and you're just not getting the results. What the hell difference does 4 games make? What makes us think firing him and making Loggains HC does anything good for us when none of them are in our future plans?

4 games makes a more powerful statement.

Because there's nothing to be gained from it, and a lot of good will to lose. John Fox is still well-respected by his colleagues. He's been in the NFL for 27 years and has been a head coach for 15. By all accounts, he's also still well-liked in the locker room. You don't win friends by kicking a guy like that out to the curb.

The game has obviously passed Fox by. It's obvious to us, and by now it should be obvious to him. Let the man go out on his own terms. Let him retire on January 1st and walk away from the game without further embarrassment.

Just now, topwop1 said:

You know how they say that you can't expect different results when you do the same over and over again?

Well that's how I feel when it comes to Bears fans complaining about firing a coach during the season.  It's never been done before and at this point it doesn't look like it will happen this year either whether we like it or not.

Just because a **** franchise does not do something does not mean they should be given a pass for it.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

It doesn't muddy anything and it does little effect the draft position.

It does send a clear message that this is unacceptable and you will not be allowed to embarrass the franchise and continue your employment. The team has quit on Fox, the second that happens the coach should be fired. At that moment you are just wasting snaps.

Trestman only made it to the end of the season because Emery was going too.

So say Fangio takes over and wins the final 3 games...that wouldn't muddy the waters or change our draft position? Wrong.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Ask the Giants what professional courtesy they had with the 4 years of planning that McAdoo had with better results than Fox at that. 

Just because a **** franchise does not do something does not mean they should be given a pass for it.

If it's such a **** franchise to you then why do you still follow this team?  Talk about being a glutton for punishment.

Archived