John Fox is still employed

G08

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

aaaand 15 losses.  That makes his overall head coaching winning percentage worse than John Fox's.  I can't believe you have me defending Fox here LOL.

McAddo's time with the Giants 46.4%

Fox's time with the Bears 27.3%

Yep Fox should be defended.

Just now, G08 said:

Does it?

Does it?

Does it?

Does it?

Shaheen has been dog-crap some of the time on the field, for all we know someone will call a 7 step drop, Shaheen will whiff on yet another block, and Trubisky gets knocked out for next season. I'm not interested.

Shaheen was coming on and then missed 1 block against a Pro Bowl DE and has disappeared.

It does because Ryan Pace tells Vic Fangio or whoever is HC that is happening.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No.

You are hiring an offensive coach and the fans understand that.

It would allow you to build some momentum with guys like Kyle Long, who sounds suicidal right now about the losing.

Why are we so concerned about what Kyle Long thinks?  The guy has barely played a full season in the past 2 years.  Until he is able to contribute more on the field then we cannot worry about what his state of mind is in regards to this team.

He probably should have gotten surgery last season when he had the chance considering he's made minimal impact this year and is now hurt again.

Nothing will change except for Loggains trying to act like he's an offensive genius.

See what happened the couple of times we tried to go downfield yesterday? Wasn't pretty, dude.

This season is done, all we can hope for is Trubisky continuing to learn and staying healthy.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I really is short sighted but given you can not see the Forrest for the trees I wouldn't expect you to get it.

I fully understand that tanking is good for the draft and good long term.

But it is not good for anyone in the building, players or front office guys that are sticking around. Do you think if you gave Ryan Pace the option of 37 loses on his record and a high pick or 33 and slightly lower pick he wouldn't take less loses?

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

McAddo's time with the Giants 46.4%

Fox's time with the Bears 27.3%

Yep Fox should be defended.

I said OVERALL coaching record, not just with the Bears.  Context.  Thanks.

Fox is way more accomplished and has more clout than McAgoof.  That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be or will not be fired at the end of the season.

Just now, WindyCity said:

But it is not good for anyone in the building, players or front office guys that are sticking around. Do you think if you gave Ryan Pace the option of 37 loses on his record and a high pick or 33 and slightly lower pick he wouldn't take less loses?

What good is it to go 1-3 with Vic Fangio as HC and then clean house? I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees, here.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why are we so concerned about what Kyle Long thinks?  The guy has barely played a full season in the past 2 years.  Until he is able to contribute more on the field then we cannot worry about what his state of mind is in regards to this team.

He probably should have gotten surgery last season when he had the chance considering he's made minimal impact this year and is now hurt again.

I am concerned with all  of the guys who are going to be here.

Floyd, Goldman, Jackson, Whitehair, losing becomes part of your culture very easily. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I said OVERALL coaching record, not just with the Bears.  Context.  Thanks.

Fox is way more accomplished and has more clout than McAgoof.  That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be or will not be fired at the end of the season.

God I wish I was a fan of the Panthers and Broncos so I could have enjoyed the known horrendous parts of his coaching record.

3 minutes ago, HHRedRookHH said:

John Fox is not Ben McAdoo. John Fox didn't lose his locker room and bench a Hall of Fame quarterback and face of the franchise on caprice. Fox is still respected by his colleagues, and has 25+ years of experience in the NFL. He has a lot of friends, many of whom would resent the Bears if they equated him with McAdoo and gave him the same treatment.

The Bears are one of the founding members of the NFL. We're a franchise worthy of respect, and we respect those that have been in the game long enough to earn it. I seriously doubt the McCaskeys would ever approve dragging a guy like John Fox's name through the mud by firing him with four games left.

The Bears are not a franchise that is respected anymore, just look at what McCarthy said before the second game against them.  The only reason the Bears have any thing to say about is because of the 85 Super Bowl and now that has become a running joke because no one can move past that.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

What good is it to go 1-3 with Vic Fangio as HC and then clean house? I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees, here.

It is symbolic. Symbols matter.

If you hire a contractor to build your house and it is 3/4 done and you decide that he is incompetent, do you let him swing one more hammer? No.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I am concerned with all  of the guys who are going to be here.

Floyd, Goldman, Jackson, Whitehair, losing becomes part of your culture very easily. 

Ya I agree with you there buddy.  Nobody wants to lose but if there's an example of a losing culture being turned around quick times just look at the Rams under Jeff Fisher to this year under McVay.  It can all change pretty quick if you get the right coaches and players in.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think at this point he would take the draft position...what does wins for guys who aren't going to be in the building next year do? Even for the players if we win games under Fangio just for Fangio to be sacked then what do you get from it? Nothing...the old saying is the horse has already shat...you can't do anything about it...look forward and the only thing to look twards now is getting rid of all these guys and starting a fresh.

Just now, G08 said:

Again, to whom? The players don't give a crap and I'll argue more of the would be upset that their BFF Foxy was fired.

Then upset the players. Ruffle some feathers. 

Are we concerned about upsetting the players that crapped down their legs for 5 straight weeks?

Archived