John Fox is still employed

G08

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I said OVERALL coaching record, not just with the Bears.  Context.  Thanks.

Fox is way more accomplished and has more clout than McAgoof.  That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be or will not be fired at the end of the season.

Yay he has 6 winning seasons out of 16, 3 of those season are because of Peyton Manning. What a great respected coach.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I think at this point he would take the draft position...what does wins for guys who aren't going to be in the building next year do? Even for the players if we win games under Fangio just for Fangio to be sacked then what do you get from it? Nothing...the old saying is the horse has already shat...you can't do anything about it...look forward and the only thing to look twards now is getting rid of all these guys and starting a fresh.

I would agree if everyone was going to be gone, but there will be people here and they need to know what the standards are.

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

The Bears are not a franchise that is respected anymore, just look at what McCarthy said before the second game against them.  The only reason the Bears have any thing to say about is because of the 85 Super Bowl and now that has become a running joke because no one can move past that.

You must be trollling. Our team is in the gutter and frankly not very respectable. Our franchise, on the other hand, is a charter member of the NFL, and the McCaskeys as owners are still extremely well respected within the league. The two are separable.

Regardless, your reply is non-responsive to my point. It's disadvantageous to fire Fox right now, because it makes us look petty to potential head coach candidates (and to their bosses, who will be giving them advice about places to go).

Just now, WindyCity said:

Then upset the players. Ruffle some feathers. 

Are we concerned about upsetting the players that crapped down their legs for 5 straight weeks?

My head is spinning here, Windy.

All of us are upset, we spend a ton of our free time thinking about and talking about this team. Losing hurts, it ******* sucks, but I don't think tearing Fox's head off and putting it on a spike at the entrance of this sub-forum is going to change anything.

I've been checked out since the Packers  game. Yeah I still obsessively watch every game, more than once, but I don't care if we lose anymore. Now it's about developing/protecting Mitch and staying healthy.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I would agree if everyone was going to be gone, but there will be people here and they need to know what the standards are.

My point is those standards are going to change either way because they will be working under completely different people...the players don't really care what the GM is doing...they care about their coaches...ever coach is going to change so talking about the players standards doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, HHRedRookHH said:

You must be trollling. Our team is in the gutter and frankly not very respectable. Our franchise, on the other hand, is a charter member of the NFL, and the McCaskeys as owners are still extremely well respected within the league. The two are separable.

Regardless, your reply is non-responsive to my point. It's disadvantageous to fire Fox right now, because it makes us look petty to potential head coach candidates (and to their bosses, who will be giving them advice about places to go).

What decade are you living in?

This franchise is a door mat and George is a joke. I am pretty sure Jerry and Robert Kraft send him for coffee runs. The McCaskeys are one of the weakest ownership groups in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Then upset the players. Ruffle some feathers. 

Are we concerned about upsetting the players that crapped down their legs for 5 straight weeks?

You just said you were concerned about the players having a losing mentality th elonger Fox is here but then you are saying we shouldn't feel concerned for them if they get upset if Fox were to be fired now?  Dude you're not making much sense here.  Just stop.

1 minute ago, HHRedRookHH said:

The McCaskey's haven't been respected since Halas left, open your eyes. They have no influence on anything the league does, they sit back and earn their money.

And it really hurt the Rams by firing their coach mid season.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

My head is spinning here, Windy.

All of us are upset, we spend a ton of our free time thinking about and talking about this team. Losing hurts, it ******* sucks, but I don't think tearing Fox's head off and putting it on a spike at the entrance of this sub-forum is going to change anything.

I've been checked out since the Packers  game. Yeah I still obsessively watch every game, more than once, but I don't care if we lose anymore. Now it's about developing/protecting Mitch and staying healthy.

The players have been checked out as well.

That is why the head goes on the spike. You want to suck, then there are consequences and people will have their feelings hurt. If the players want to be upset, great they are part of the reason his head is on the spike.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

You just said you were concerned about the players having a losing mentality th elonger Fox is here but then you are saying we shouldn't feel concerned for them if they get upset if Fox were to be fired now?  Dude you're not making much sense here.  Just stop.

I am concerned that they will have a losing mentality.

I want them to be upset about costing their coach his job. I want them to be pissed off, I want them to go out and try and show Ryan Pace something before they end up out of work.

Those are not the same thing.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Yay he has 6 winning seasons out of 16, 3 of those season are because of Peyton Manning. What a great respected coach.

He may not be respected much to us because of how he's done here the past 3 years but you can be sure that he is well respected in league circles by players and other coaches.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

If it's about developing then that is more of a reason to fire Fox, and get better use of Cohen and actually I don't try and develop Shaheen. Or they can just do that next season.

Just now, topwop1 said:

He may not be respected much to us because of how he's done here the past 3 years but you can be sure that he is well respected in league circles by players and other coaches.

No one is going to care if John Fox gets fired.

Jeff Fisher has an even longer resume than John Fox and the Rams seem okay.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

No one is going to care if John Fox gets fired.

Jeff Fisher has an even longer resume than John Fox and the Rams seem okay.

That's what you think.  I didn't know that you had insider access to Halas Hall to assess the true feelings of the locker room.

The Rams are okay because they made the right hire last offseason not because they fired Fisher with a few games left in the regular season.  4 weeks does not change anything if the firing is inevitable and everyone knows it.

Archived