Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, Leoric said:

If no team is willing to make an offer to Lamar  then I’d want an investigation if I was Lamar. If Lamar is saying hey I’m only accepting offers of gully guaranteed 250m plus contracts than he has his head up his butt 

The tweet is vague. 

The assumption is that he wants a fully guaranteed contract in that range. He can negotiate with teams so he can tell them what he wants and they can decide to offer him a contract or not. He can refuse to accept it or not. If not, he will be making his tag offer as his salary, 33 million or whatever.

We already know about this collusion.....like im not saying Kapernick was Joe Montana, but he literally NEVER got another contract after kneeling haha.....like, a starting Super Bowl QB.....NEVER got another deal...I don't even want to bring the racial aspect into it but clearly the owners are working together

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

We already know about this collusion.....like im not saying Kapernick was Joe Montana, but he literally NEVER got another contract after kneeling haha.....like, a starting Super Bowl QB.....NEVER got another deal...I don't even want to bring the racial aspect into it but clearly the owners are working together

That's not collusion. That's just teams' owners independently calculating his QBing skills are no longer worth the headache he also brings with him.

He just really wasn't a good enough of a player for teams to justify the circus. Just like Tim Tebow. It's not collusion. It's fans overrating a player and underrating the associated unattractive circus.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That's not collusion. That's just teams' owners independently calculating his QBing skills are no longer worth the headache he also brings with him.

He just really wasn't a good enough of a player for teams to justify the circus. Just like Tim Tebow. It's not collusion. It's fans overrating a player and underrating the associated unattractive circus.

He was not Tim Tebow, and the "headache" you speak of, was civil rights.....smh

And Tebow signed with the Jaguars, Eagles, Jets and Patriots

Edited by MonserinNC

20 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

but clearly the owners are working together

Well they each own 1/32 of the NFL, so yeah. 

Many will be of the same mindset financially and guaranteeing 55 million per year can really come back and haunt you for years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

And also violence against civil servants which automatically upsets 45% of your fan base. If he was good enough, he would have got a contract he liked and signed it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

One can both agree with his cause and recognize the associated "headache" that it brings with it. Businessmen don't often choose a polarizing political position. It's not good for business. We can't hold it against them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well they each own 1/32 of the NFL, so yeah. 

Many will be of the same mindset financially and guaranteeing 55 million per year can really come back and haunt you for years.

People love to invent drama to make them feel like they're part of something. 

• Like 1

I sort of agree with both of you guys, but can we just say YES they are colluding!! haha my whole point was just these arent happy coincidences.....Lamar is  a black man who represents himself and no one wants to pay him.....Garrapollo is like the most sought after dude in the league haha

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

I sort of agree with both of you guys, but can we just say YES they are colluding!! haha my whole point was just these arent happy coincidences.....Lamar is  a black man who represents himself and no one wants to pay him.....Garrapollo is like the most sought after dude in the league haha

Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yeah, just business decisions. Even if every owner had strong racist beliefs most are still going to care more about money/success than the color of the skin of a QB.

Everything isn't right in the world but high dollar entertainment industries care more about green than any other color.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

We already know about this collusion.....like im not saying Kapernick was Joe Montana, but he literally NEVER got another contract after kneeling

It's not collusion to not want to hire an opportunistic scumbag who brings ugly attention to the league while pretending his aims are virtuous and not narcissistic. 

Chinese sweatshops say hold my beer.

haha.....like, a starting Super Bowl QB.....NEVER got another deal..

That is indeed the best joke I've heard all day.

I don't even want to bring the racial aspect into it but clearly the owners are working together

All you want to do is bring in the racial aspects. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

To be fair, if this was last year I bet the Browns would do for him what they did for Watson. No other team wants to gamble like that, especially if it isn't a top 5 QB and Jackson hasn't been top 10 over the last two seasons.

That said, Mahomes could demand and get a fully guaranteed contract but I think he was confident enough that his team wouldn't want to move on from him anyway so there was no need. He will eventually ask for more money as the market dictates but I still doubt he is worried about being cut so the guaranteed money wouldn't matter than much

• Like 1