Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It’s amazing how many people think an employee seeking guidance and support from their local union is a moral failure by that individual. You now you’re brainwashed when.. 

It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't appear that the union was not acting in the employees' best interest, but rather using him as a pawn in a larger battle. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't appear that the union was not acting in the employees' best interest, but rather using him as a pawn in a larger battle. 

Ya that’s possibly a factor but we can’t say for sure. Either way I feel like it’s a losers attitude to expect other people to minimize their careers. That’s all I can really say on that because I’m not going to continue arguing with weak chinned types who think athletes should undermine their own self worth. 

I don’t lose sleep on the all-star QB being robbed of $450M in his career vs $500M.

If I had to search for something to care about as far as these athletes making their millions, I’d be pushing for those fringe roster guys who bust their *** just making the team and live with that uncertainty (yeah they make awesome money, but not generational money). So QBs not getting $250M in a contract is actually good for those guys, as far as fitting under the salary cap goes. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I don’t know why you need to misrepresent what people are saying. No one is saying the team Is all Lamar. We are saying the AFC is loaded and while we are arguing numbers the other teams are loading up. The Ravens franchise is bigger than Lamar, which is why one 5 year guaranteed deal shouldn’t be so scary. Is the team really so scared of 1-2 years of diminishing returns to just change quarterbacks when they are winning 10-11 games a year in a brutal conference? I watched Flacco stink for 6-7 years, a couple years of dad bod Lamar really doesn’t scare me if it means they keep taking cracks while they’re making playoffs.

You sure about that?

You, in this thread:

this is why I typically hate our fans - you’d rather the team be awful than pay it’s star players and risk looking “stupid”

you’d rather just let him walk and be that dumpster franchise like the Jags

newsflash everyone: we’ve already seen this team without Lamar from 2015-2018. That’s who Harbaugh is in this day and age without LJ so those of you in a rush to return to that be my guest but just recognize you’re advocating for a bad brand of football 

instead of paying a good player what he has earned you geniuses would rather just suck

Sounds an awful lot like you're saying this team is going to suck without Lamar, man. Don't know how anyone could read those comments and think you're saying anything but.

And chill with the "stop misrepresenting what everyone says!" shtick. I'm clearly not, and it's all right here for everyone to read. Just because you don't like getting called out on things you say doesn't mean I'm misrepresenting it. 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It’s amazing how many people think an employee seeking guidance and support from their local union is a moral failure by that individual. You know you’re brainwashed when.. 

Yeah, that guidance has done wonders for him. Oh wait. 

It's almost as if the NFLPA have their own agenda and aren't acting in Lamar's best interest.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With the Falcons signing Heinecke, the Raiders getting Jimmy G, the Jets getting Rodgers - Lamar's market is quickly evaporating. All roads lead back to Baltimore...

It was honestly small before that. Once the teams that dipped out left the convo, it's down to like four spots and I am not even sure they can afford the escrow dump lol

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With the Falcons signing Heinecke, the Raiders getting Jimmy G, the Jets getting Rodgers - Lamar's market is quickly evaporating. All roads lead back to Baltimore...

Nate Peterman is still out there. My guess is Baltimore signs him to a fat contract in the off-season, moving on from Lamar entirely. 

33 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You sure about that?

You, in this thread:

Sounds an awful lot like you're saying this team is going to suck without Lamar, man. Don't know how anyone could read those comments and think you're saying anything but.

And chill with the "stop misrepresenting what everyone says!" shtick. I'm clearly not, and it's all right here for everyone to read. Just because you don't like getting called out on things you say doesn't mean I'm misrepresenting it. 

It’s called a competitive window guy. Teams go through phases. Currently the ravens window is narrowing by having a QB controversy while other teams load up on free agents and plan for the draft. 

You can try to shout down everyone’s opinions all you want but it’s not going to make Lamar sign. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's almost as if the NFLPA have their own agenda and aren't acting in Lamar's best interest.

Yes it’s that evil unionized labour that’s the problem. Good thing those plucky billionaire owners are there to stand up for the little guy.

I can’t deal with this topic anymore. I don’t know how to explain how strong headed and ridiculous some of you are being without paying your first year college tuition. Nothing brings the angry Americans together quite like yelling at a black man he’s not worth as much as he feels that he is. It’s as old as their country.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

They are acting in Lamar's best interest in that they are trying to get the largest contract possible for him. Problem is, they're delusional and so is Lamar.

3 minutes ago, Cypher said:

It was honestly small before that. Once the teams that dipped out left the convo, it's down to like four spots and I am not even sure they can afford the escrow dump lol

yeah it's basically zero at this point.

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Nate Peterman is still out there. My guess is Baltimore signs him to a fat contract in the off-season, moving on from Lamar entirely. 

Gross. Gross. Gross.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yes it’s that evil unionized labour that’s the problem. Good thing those plucky billionaire owners are there to stand up for the little guy 

The plucky billionaire owner who is trying to give him $200M guaranteed while Lamar says no to everything?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yes it’s that evil unionized labour that’s the problem. Good thing those plucky billionaire owners are there to stand up for the little guy 

Weren't you just complaining about being misrepresented?

Pot meet kettle.

It's pretty obvious Lamar has gotten delusional advice. 

• Like 3