Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

That’s…not true? I get it, everyone’s carrying on about how teams “don’t want to do the Ravens’ work for them”, which is true, but vastly overstated. 

Teams know the Ravens’ offer (it’s not 3/$140M, that’s inaccurate). They can also, you know, just talk to Lamar during negotiations and ask him what their ballpark is. And then what? The Ravens match and the teams lose, what, a day of doing paperwork? 

We’re prepared to offer this guy $250M GTD dollars, give up multiple first round picks, because we think we’re getting a franchise QB in his prime…but we won’t, even though we’ll keep our picks and our money, because we might waste a day of signing contracts? It’s a stretch. 

The hold ups are dollars and draft picks. Lamar can’t be dumb enough to think Baltimore will take less than 2 FRPs. So it’s got to be the money.

Lamar himself said they offered him 3 yr/133M I was a little off on the number. 

It’s more complicated than just a day of doing paperwork / signing contracts. If you sign Lamar to a fully guaranteed deal you have to immediately put the full amount into escrow while the Ravens have a 5 day period to match. Even for the most cash rich owner a quarter billion + is a lot of money especially for something that’s not even a sure thing. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

and has really bad diahhrea. 

Can't hate the guy for it. Coffee twists my stomach into knots sometimes too. 

edit: and Taco Bell. I can't quit that either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar himself said they offered him 3 yr/133M I was a little off on the number. 

They did but there were more years tacked onto that. More dollars too, but with guarantees that only kicked in later in the deal and for injury. It wasn’t just a 3 year deal.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s more complicated than just a day of doing paperwork / signing contracts. If you sign Lamar to a fully guaranteed deal you have to immediately put the full amount into escrow while the Ravens have a 5 day period to match. Even for the most cash rich owner a quarter billion + is a lot of money especially for something that’s not even a sure thing. 

So you believe that owners are totally fine with putting $250M in escrow to give to Lamar (money they will never see again), but are absolutely against putting $250M in escrow for an offer (that they would have 100% returned if the Ravens match)? Again, that makes no sense at all, lol. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Considering his age and ceiling, I'd probably say yes.

The Titans? The team that just shed as much salary and quality players as humanly possible to go into a full rebuild? Those Titans?

Caleb Williams, Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and Trevor Lawrence are really about to be in the same division, huh?