Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Can a Ravens fan explain what is actually happening from the FO perspective?

What do they actually want? Like what would be their ideal situation? Do they want Lamar to play on the franchise tag? A three year deal? A five year deal??? 

Does the FO believe he’s their QB of the future?

I feel like their front office doesn’t know exactly what they want. 

I think Atlanta should trade for Lamar. Unless they plan on tanking I don’t see how you can think Desmond Ridder and Taylor Heinike is the answer. 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Can a Ravens fan explain what is actually happening from the FO perspective?

What do they actually want? Like what would be their ideal situation? Do they want Lamar to play on the franchise tag? A three year deal? A five year deal??? 

Does the FO believe he’s their QB of the future?

I feel like their front office doesn’t know exactly what they want. 

I think Atlanta should trade for Lamar. Unless they plan on tanking I don’t see how you can think Desmond Ridder and Taylor Heinike is the answer. 

Atlanta isn't Lamar away from being a contender.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Neither is any other team in the NFL.

I mean.... he's definitely better than our QB and we would definitely make the playoffs if he replaced Wilson and he played every game.

biggest question for everyone isn't just the draft capital. It's how long Jackson can keep it up. What's going to happen when the athleticism goes down the tube? Will he be closer to "good" Russ or Cam Newton? 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean.... he's definitely better than our QB and we would definitely make the playoffs if he replaced Wilson and he played every game.

biggest question for everyone isn't just the draft capital. It's how long Jackson can keep it up. What's going to happen when the athleticism goes down the tube? Will he be closer to "good" Russ or Cam Newton? 

How will he look in a different scheme? How will he potentially look without an elite defense that basically always allows him to play with the lead? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How will he look in a different scheme? How will he potentially look without an elite defense that basically always allows him to play with the lead? 

I mean the Baltimore Defense isn't elite. It was good at times but not elite. Their secondary in a lot of games was downright embarrassing 

• Like 1

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean the Baltimore Defense isn't elite. It was good at times but not elite. Their secondary in a lot of games was downright embarrassing 

They've given up 19.4 ppg during his 61 starts, only the Patriots have allowed less points during that same span. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They've given up 19.4 ppg during his 61 starts, only the Patriots have allowed less points during that same span. 

Ok so Denver's defense allowed very little points per game last season outside of like 2 games. So for people to pretend that adding him to a particular team like that wouldn't instantly make them a contender is ludicrous. 

we would've been 10-0 in the first 10 games if we scored more than 17 points

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ok so Denver's defense allowed very little points per game last season outside of like 2 games. So for people to pretend that adding him to a particular team like that wouldn't instantly make them a contender is ludicrous. 

we would've been 10-0 in the first 10 games if we scored more than 17 points or more.  

How often has he really been able to contend under similar, if not better, circumstances in Baltimore?

• Like 1