Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Everyone can clearly see your lane. Your “subtext” is mostly just text. 

And what lane is that? If it ain’t “Baltimore’s use of the non-exclusive tag made life hard on Jackson to navigate his options without an agent” then your wrong. 

There’s no good guy or bad guy in my eyes - those are yours and others words.

Baltimore knew what they were doing with it. It’s not shady because it’s completely legal. Doesn’t make them a “good guy” and doing everything with the intention of doing what’s best for the player. Get over this black and white situation you want this to be. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And what lane is that? If it ain’t “Baltimore’s use of the non-exclusive tag made life hard on Jackson to navigate his options without an agent” then your wrong. 

There’s no good guy or bad guy in my eyes - those are yours and others words.

Baltimore knew what they were doing with it. It’s not shady because it’s completely legal. Doesn’t make them a “good guy” and doing everything with the intention of doing what’s best for the player. Get over this black and white situation you want this to be. 

I didn’t say there were good guys and bad guys. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar is bishing after turning down 3 yr/$200M ($133M GTD)? Lawd. 

That’s not what it said. 

Schefter said it was a 5 year extension, $133M GTD at signing, guarantees that’d bring that up to $175M for injury only (meaning they can cut him), and $25M more that’d essentially be a roster bonus for 2026. No way of slicing that into just a 3 year deal. 

Mortensen describes it as a possible $290M over the course of 6 seasons, but again, with only $133M GTD at signing. At least $67M more is called “guaranteed” but is only attainable if Baltimore decides not to cut him.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

That’s not what it said. 

Schefter said it was a 5 year extension, $133M GTD at signing, guarantees that’d bring that up to $175M for injury only (meaning they can cut him), and $25M more that’d essentially be a roster bonus for 2026. No way of slicing that into just a 3 year deal. 

Mortensen describes it as a possible $290M over the course of 6 seasons, but again, with only $133M GTD at signing. At least $67M more is called “guaranteed” but is only attainable if Baltimore decides not to cut him.

So he turned down the second most fully GTD money and implied GTD money in NFL history. Hard to really keep negotiating if you're Baltimore. Jim Irsay said paying Lamar a fully GTD deal is definitely doable but it just puts you at such a competitive disadvantage that it's not worth it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So he turned down the second most fully GTD money and implied GTD money in NFL history. Hard to really keep negotiating if you're Baltimore. Jim Irsay said paying Lamar a fully GTD deal is definitely doable but it just puts you at such a competitive disadvantage that it's not worth it.

He didn’t, though? 

Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson all just got more. Hurts, Burrow, and Herbert are almost guaranteed to get more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

He didn’t, though? 

Mahomes, Allen, Murray, Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson all just got more. Hurts, Burrow, and Herbert are almost guaranteed to get more. 

Fully GTD money:

1. Watson - $230M

2. Wilson - $124M

3. Kyler - $103M

4. Rodgers - $101M

5. Allen - $100M

Total GTD money

1. Watson - $230M

2. Wilson - $165M

3. Kyler - $160M

4. Rodgers - $150.6M

5. Allen - $150M

$133M fully GTD and $175M GTD at signing would've been the second most ever behind Watson.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls

By owner bootlicking, he’s referring to it being HIGHLY disingenuous of Schefter to refer to this deal as if it’s $200m guaranteed. Most idiot fans will hear that and think “Lamar turned down $200m guaranteed!”

When really that’s not the case. He turned down $133m guaranteed with $167m guaranteed for injury.

Schefter was even disingenuous with the injury guarantees by referring to it as $174m guaranteed when that wasn’t true as the extra $7m was only guaranteed in the event that Lamar made it to year 4 without being cut.

I guess I'm more or less going off of what he said in the podcast, which he made very clear was "up to $200M guaranteed" and he went piece by piece breaking down each guarantee portion.

He wasn't disingenuous, if anything the BaltimoreBeatdown headline was, not Schefter.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls

By owner bootlicking, he’s referring to it being HIGHLY disingenuous of Schefter to refer to this deal as if it’s $200m guaranteed. Most idiot fans will hear that and think “Lamar turned down $200m guaranteed!”

When really that’s not the case. He turned down $133m guaranteed with $167m guaranteed for injury.

Schefter was even disingenuous with the injury guarantees by referring to it as $174m guaranteed when that wasn’t true as the extra $7m was only guaranteed in the event that Lamar made it to year 4 without being cut.

If you do some looking around, you’ll see most of the other QB contracts have the same roster bonuses that guarantee on the whatever day of the league year. I just noticed this myself. Hardly anyone reports the “GTD at signing”, it’s usually the total.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soko said:

If you do some looking around, you’ll see most of the other QB contracts have the same roster bonuses that guarantee on the whatever day of the league year. I just noticed this myself. Hardly anyone reports the “GTD at signing”, it’s usually the total.

Mahomes got $477M but only $63M was fully guaranteed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mahomes got $477M but only $63M was fully guaranteed.

Because who cares, he knows they aren't cutting him.

Lamar obviously feels that his job security is tied to his guaranteed money as opposed to his play. Otherwise he would take the highest dollar amount offered and know it would be guaranteed because he is irreplaceable.

Watson's desire for guaranteed money also was a red flag for me. Why care that much about it if you plan on preparing and playing to your highest capabilities.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Lamar obviously feels that his job security is tied to his guaranteed money as opposed to his play. Otherwise he would take the highest dollar amount offered and know it would be guaranteed because he is irreplaceable.

Watson's desire for guaranteed money also was a red flag for me. Why care that much about it if you plan on preparing and playing to your highest capabilities.

I understand wanting a significant amount of GTD money but fully GTD is just so hard to pull off. Watson never asked for a fully GTD deal, the Browns offered it as a last ditch resort to land him.

• Like 6