John Wick: Chapter 4

Mox

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy. I'm excited for this one. It has Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada in it, and Cecep Rahman and Yayan Ruhian from The Raid movies are supposedly coming back, so how can it not be the best John Wick sequel??

I hope they find a way to leverage a spin-off or something with some young, up-and-coming action stars. All these guys are getting old. Keanu is almost 60, Donnie Yen is almost 60, and the guys from The Raid are in their 50s as well. 

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Oh boy. I'm excited for this one. It has Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada in it, and Cecep Rahman and Yayan Ruhian from The Raid movies are supposedly coming back, so how can it not be the best John Wick sequel??

I hope they find a way to leverage a spin-off or something with some young, up-and-coming action stars. All these guys are getting old. Keanu is almost 60, Donnie Yen is almost 60, and the guys from The Raid are in their 50s as well. 

The Ballerina with Ana De Armas is a spinoff that's coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:
1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The Ballerina with Ana De Armas is a spinoff that's coming.

They're also doing a TV show called The Continental that will follow a young Winston.

• Like 2

I saw it last night, movie was f*cking amazing. They couldn't have ended on a higher note for this series i

Spoiler

f they tried. I'm not kidding when I say everything and everyone was pushed to their max potential in this. With a near 3 hour run time, I thought there was almost no way it wasn't gonna drag in places, but this movie pulled it off with a well-crafted story that ventures into uncharted territory for the franchise in certain places.

And the fight scenes, holy shyt. The fights in this put The Raid's to shame, they were that damn good. My jaw was on the floor the whole time, them numchucks, man. My mind was blown how they managed to pull off all them stunts and still kept the stakes which somehow only got higher as the film progressed with John finding new creative ways to take out goons from set piece to set piece. Even Bowery King steals the show with some unexpectedly badass dialog, the "you gotta look good for when you get married or buried" line got a nice smirk from me in the theater. You can tell everything was stacked in a nice neat little row for this to be the finale and boy did it go out with a bang. And I LOVED the

Spoiler

fake out at the end.

Only John Motherf*cking Wick can come up with that.

4.5/5 

• Like 2

A lot of worlds and genres they can explore. they can make a film around the "no name" guy. maybe he's former military. they can lean into those 80s action "rambo" type films and/or tap into the Blaxploitation genre. That could be a hit. also would like to see a film about the Japanese crime world featured in this. feel like that's a lock with how that part of the film ended.