Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Having a player who is able to be a good threat at getting pressure up the middle certainly makes your entire defense look different. I wouldnt say its holding the Browns back, but having absolute zero on the IDL has certainly caused the a ripple effect for the entire defense. Like I said in another post, he is very similar to that Malik McDowell season from 2 years ago...when our DL looked great and caused havoc and nobody was just jamming the ball down our throats. I dont think you need Aaron Donald or Chris Jones there to make a huge impact. McDowell made a huge impact to our overall defense in 2021 simply by posing a constant threat and being a + player.

Wtf are you arguing here lol?  That we need to spend $18 million so we can get production similar to a guy who was signed as a street FA and is once again a FA having not been on a roster in a year?!??   My man, there’s a middle ground.

If Jones was an absolute monster against the run and was consistently putting up 6ish sacks a year I’d get the fascination, but he’s generally regarded as a poor/middling run defender.  And alternatively if he was an elite pass rusher and played middling run defense I could also see that, but he’s not that either. He’s a meh run defender who’s decent as a pass rusher.  That’s a day 2 draft pick, not a $60 million plus FA.

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I have some fun memories of veteran players coming here to cash their last good paycheck before retirement. Dwayne Bowe and Willie McGinest will always be legends in my heart.

Man, that Dwyane Bowe signing was super hyped, and definitely the saddest of all of those veteran deals.  Couldn't believe how utterly miserable that situation was.

My favorite tho, that I actually thought was a good deal for both sides, was Jamal Lewis. I don't know if that counts for some of ya'll, but he gave us a couple of 1000 yard seasons before it was obviously time for him to go in year 3.

• Like 3