Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

On 6/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Anybody doing any Best Balls yet?  If so, who are your late round targets?  

gainwell, jordan mason, brock purdy, Hodgins, Rasheed, Mingo, Rice, izzy A (jets), malik davis, alec pierce are some of the guys with my highest exposure 

https://www.southharmonff.com/worp

this is a tool that measures historical wins over replacement (WORP) in fantasy football. Plug in your sleeper ID and it adjusts to specific leagues, an extremely useful tool especially for dynasty.  The charts are not predictive but show you where the tiers land and what range of players to target.. For example if your league gives TEs 2 PPR, you can measure how valuable the TE15 is vs the WR25 etc

there is also a simulator function that you can use to see where your squad is compared to the rest of the league, or which draft picks to target in trades

• 4 weeks later...

The dynasty community has finally caught up to what Niners fan have known for months now- Purdy is the guy, Lance is nothing more than a bench warmer until he is traded, and that could take until next offseason

On 7/29/2023 at 6:19 PM, adamq said:

The dynasty community has finally caught up to what Niners fan have known for months now- Purdy is the guy, Lance is nothing more than a bench warmer until he is traded, and that could take until next offseason

Hope so, I have Purdy.  🙂

Just now, Hagar said:

Who are your top 10 rookies this year?

Not in order, I have.....

-Bjorn

-Gibbs

-JSN

-Addison

-Young

-Stroud 

-Richardson

-Johnson

-Kincaid

-Flowers

(in my league Jordan Love is available, I would probably throw him there some where.)

Auction start ups are so much fun.  so much more variance vs a snake draft start up.  

Player nominations vary so much as there is more layered strategy, then player valuations differ with how each owner wants to build their roster.  

• Like 2

My dynasty RB situation is a absolute trainwreck. Hunt, Edwards-Helair, Conner, Akers and James Cook were my 5 RBs. The only ones Im keeping are Akers/Cook

Unsurprisingly enough, I have the #2 pick in the draft and frustratingly enough I will miss out on Robinson to sooth my pain. I dont know how to get out of this RB hellscape. Its like Im donating money at this point because my RBs combine for 7 points every week.

Do I take Gibbs and be happy? Starting Gibbs/Akers? Yikes. I need some rookie sleepers and breakout candidates badly. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My dynasty RB situation is a absolute trainwreck. Hunt, Edwards-Helair, Conner, Akers and James Cook were my 5 RBs. The only ones Im keeping are Akers/Cook

Unsurprisingly enough, I have the #2 pick in the draft and frustratingly enough I will miss out on Robinson to sooth my pain. I dont know how to get out of this RB hellscape. Its like Im donating money at this point because my RBs combine for 7 points every week.

Do I take Gibbs and be happy? Starting Gibbs/Akers? Yikes. I need some rookie sleepers and breakout candidates badly. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with going Gibbs. An argument can be made that he’s the 2nd best RB prospect in the past five seasons. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Gibbs is going to push Bijan for best rookie RB fantasy wise given his catching ability.  He is a top 15 dynasty asset on most lists and the easy choice at 2.  I think you have one of the best breakout candidates in James Cook.  I am higher than others on him but if he gets Singletary's carries, he will do more with them and showed it down the stretch last year.  Hines getting hurt helps him even more.  There are some other rookies who may get a chance at some point like Achane, Charbonnet, Kendrae Miller, Rochon Johnson, Chase Brown, Tyjae Spears and Tank Bigsby but they all will need injuries to make a bigger splash this year or at best will be in time shares similar to Cook last year.  Some have more future upside if the incumbent starter leaves next year (Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon, the Dolphins guys) and could have more value next year like Cook.  Also don't be afraid to go BPA and just make some trades.  Don't force RBs in the draft and even if you have to overpay for one in trade, its better than reaching for a bum in the draft. 

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I am in a league where I have breece, dobbins, kw3, and Rhamondre. I earned the 2nd overall pick. I took gibbs. He and bijan are very clearly a tier above everyone else in this draft class. Gibbs would probably be ranked higher than breece had he come out last year. 

Akers is probably ok. Why are you getting rid of Conner? He is not a terrible option as your RB3. 

Who are your WRs? Lets see that team. 

Just now, N4L said:

I am in a league where I have breece, dobbins, kw3, and Rhamondre. I earned the 2nd overall pick. I took gibbs. He and bijan are very clearly a tier above everyone else in this draft class. Gibbs would probably be ranked higher than breece had he come out last year. 

Akers is probably ok. Why are you getting rid of Conner? He is not a terrible option as your RB3. 

Who are your WRs? Lets see that team. 

I was so desperate for RB help before last season started I traded Kelce for Waller/Conner....and got fleeced because Conner definitely didnt redo his 2021 campaign and Waller fell off the face of the earth.

But either way, we keep 9 players and WR is the strong suit of my team.

WRs: Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, Keenan Allen, Jerry Jeudy

QB: Justin Fields

TE: Darren Waller

RB: Cam Akers, James Cook

Dropping: Kareem Hunt, Clyde Edwards-Helair (BUST #1 overall), James Conner, Juan Johnson, Russel Wilson

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was so desperate for RB help before last season started I traded Kelce for Waller/Conner....and got fleeced because Conner definitely didnt redo his 2021 campaign and Waller fell off the face of the earth.

But either way, we keep 9 players and WR is the strong suit of my team.

WRs: Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, Keenan Allen, Jerry Jeudy

QB: Justin Fields

TE: Darren Waller

RB: Cam Akers, James Cook

Dropping: Kareem Hunt, Clyde Edwards-Helair (BUST #1 overall), James Conner, Juan Johnson, Russel Wilson

I see. More of a keeper league than a dynasty league if you can only keep 9. What are your other draft picks? If you can only keep 9 year over year, then at a certain point picks become less valuable. You also cant really stash players, which kind of defeats the purpose of dynasty. 

I am not sure keeping cook over connor is the right move, but I understand it. Perhaps you should look into trading a guy like Jeudy for a RB like dobbins or something. I think you are actually OK with those three you mentioned. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

I see. More of a keeper league than a dynasty league if you can only keep 9. What are your other draft picks? If you can only keep 9 year over year, then at a certain point picks become less valuable. You also cant really stash players, which kind of defeats the purpose of dynasty. 

I am not sure keeping cook over connor is the right move, but I understand it. Perhaps you should look into trading a guy like Jeudy for a RB like dobbins or something. I think you are actually OK with those three you mentioned. 

Yeah....Conner/Cook was a tough one to decide between. The only real reason I went Cook is because I drafted him last year and ate a roster spot the entire season waiting for the time he finally got the chance to be RB1 on the Bills. I honestly feel like there is a decent chance I can redraft Conner at the top of the 2nd round since hes older and coming off such a bad year, but I know since this is a quasi dynasty/keeper league that operates off the long term Cook will be drafted early if I put him back in the pool.

As far as trading WRs, I have been trying to offload Keenan Allen for like...3 years haha and nobody wants him. This league is weird people are so afraid to get fleeced nobody wants to make moves. I tried to trade Kennan for Phillip Lindsay straight up in 2019/2020 and the guy turned me down multiple times.

Now AJ Brown on the other hand.....I have had vultures trying to trade for him all year last year. Not budging on that one.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

As far as trading WRs, I have been trying to offload Keenan Allen for like...3 years haha and nobody wants him. This league is weird people are so afraid to get fleeced nobody wants to make moves. I tried to trade Kennan for Phillip Lindsay straight up in 2019/2020 and the guy turned me down multiple times.

Keenan Allen is a smash this year and is someone I am happy to keep on my team until the wheels fall off. 

I think Jeudy is slightly over valued and should fetch a good return for you. New offense so there are no guarantees that he will thrive. 

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The only real reason I went Cook is because I drafted him last year and ate a roster spot the entire season waiting for the time he finally got the chance to be RB1 on the Bills. 

This is the sunk cost fallacy. Forget last year and using a pick/roster spot on him. Choose the guy you think will score more points. 

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly feel like there is a decent chance I can redraft Conner at the top of the 2nd round since hes older and coming off such a bad year, but I know since this is a quasi dynasty/keeper league that operates off the long term Cook will be drafted early if I put him back in the pool.

This part makes a lot of sense.

Personally, I am not really in on cook outside of bestball, because his role is going to change week to week. I am not really sure what sort of vets will be available, but if you think cook will go in the first round, then it will push someone else who is better down to you in the 2nd. There should still be a lot of value there. 

I am not saying to keep connor over cook, I am not really in on either guy to be honest, just talking from a pure strategy standpoint.