Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

I’m in a 10 team super flex league. I need a QB but I am picking in the 8th spot. Assuming Williams, Maye and Daniels will be gone by the 8th pick. My only young QB is Tua the rest are 30+.

which QB would you go with? 

Depends on where they land and what the opportunities look like.  But also never reach for a player just to fill a position. Worst case make a trade for someone or move up in the draft but don’t take a likely backup over a top WR. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:42 PM, gopackgo972 said:

I’m in a 10 team super flex league. I need a QB but I am picking in the 8th spot. Assuming Williams, Maye and Daniels will be gone by the 8th pick. My only young QB is Tua the rest are 30+.

which QB would you go with? 

Way too early in the process, but I'd consider trying to package that pick with ?? to slide up if you want one of the 3. Marvin will go 2 or 3, so you'd be safe at 4 if the owner is willing to make a deal. I've seen things like 1.08 plus C Kirk for the 1.04

• 2 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on Diggs in dynasty? I've inherited a team with him so I'm entertaining all offers, but I'm not quite sure where his value sits at currently. One offer on the table is McLaurin + 2025 2nd, but that feels pretty low on someone with top 12 potential still when playing with Allen. 

Would you holdout for more or is he washed?

21 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

What are your thoughts on Diggs in dynasty? I've inherited a team with him so I'm entertaining all offers, but I'm not quite sure where his value sits at currently. One offer on the table is McLaurin + 2025 2nd, but that feels pretty low on someone with top 12 potential still when playing with Allen. 

Would you holdout for more or is he washed?

I want Diggs if I'm a contender next year, he was still a top 10 WR this year, just happened to have some stinkers down the stretch. I wouldn't necessarily count on him holding much value past the 24 season though 

If im rebuilding, it would depend on what I could then sell McLaurin for. In most of my leagues he isn't very coveted, but that could change depending on who their HC and QB will be.

What if you kicked in a 25 3rd or middling player and he makes that pick a 25 1st? Even if Diggs goes off next year I'd be OK with it if I had an extra 1st in my back pocket to use

Edited by adamq

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I want Diggs if I'm a contender next year, he was still a top 10 WR this year, just happened to have some stinkers down the stretch. I wouldn't necessarily count on him holding much value past the 24 season though 

If im rebuilding, it would depend on what I could then sell McLaurin for. In most of my leagues he isn't very coveted, but that could change depending on who their HC and QB will be.

What if you kicked in a 25 3rd or middling player and he makes that pick a 25 1st? Even if Diggs goes off next year I'd be OK with it if I had an extra 1st in my back pocket to use

Thanks for the input.

Just to add context to the thought process, here's the team I'm taking over in a superflex dynasty:

QB: Burrow, Wilson, Browning, Minshew

RB: Hall, Walker, Chubb, Dillon, Chandler

WR: Diggs, Olave, Flowers, Hopkins, Samuel

TE: Waller, Higbee, Dulcich, Johnson

2024 picks: 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

I think the team finished just short of the playoffs, but that included Burrow/Chubb being out for the season and Diggs disappearing down the stretch. I feel like we should probably be top 6 and make the playoffs, but I could probably get similar offers to this McLaurin deal during the season if I get the sense that we won't make the playoffs. However, if I can get that 2025 1st like you said, I'd probably be happy to deal him now and not have to worry about him falling off a cliff 

3 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Thanks for the input.

Just to add context to the thought process, here's the team I'm taking over in a superflex dynasty:

QB: Burrow, Wilson, Browning, Minshew

RB: Hall, Walker, Chubb, Dillon, Chandler

WR: Diggs, Olave, Flowers, Hopkins, Samuel

TE: Waller, Higbee, Dulcich, Johnson

2024 picks: 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

I think the team finished just short of the playoffs, but that included Burrow/Chubb being out for the season and Diggs disappearing down the stretch. I feel like we should probably be top 6 and make the playoffs, but I could probably get similar offers to this McLaurin deal during the season if I get the sense that we won't make the playoffs. However, if I can get that 2025 1st like you said, I'd probably be happy to deal him now and not have to worry about him falling off a cliff 

I don't think that roster is much

•  QB -- 1 that is a for sure starter in 2024 with Burrow,   Wilson may be out in Denver
  • RB -- Hall and Walker are great young RB.  Chubb is returning from and injury and who knows what he will be in workload for 2024
  • WR -- Olave and Flowers are a nice pair, but hopkins, Diggs are on the down side of their career.   Who knows what Samuel will be in WAS with new HC/OC
  • TE -- Waller is inconsistent and oft injured
  • draft picks -- not great

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

I don't think that roster is much

•  QB -- 1 that is a for sure starter in 2024 with Burrow,   Wilson may be out in Denver
  • RB -- Hall and Walker are great young RB.  Chubb is returning from and injury and who knows what he will be in workload for 2024
  • WR -- Olave and Flowers are a nice pair, but hopkins, Diggs are on the down side of their career.   Who knows what Samuel will be in WAS with new HC/OC
  • TE -- Waller is inconsistent and oft injured
  • draft picks -- not great

Well.. Yeah lol. It was an orphan dynasty team that I took over for at a fraction of the price, so it ain't perfect by any means. I guess I just like bones of the team, being that there are young studs at each position to work with. 

I'll likely try to accumulate picks via trade w/ veterans like Hopkins/Chubb/Diggs and aim for a larger rebuild next off-season with at least a regular amount of picks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Well.. Yeah lol. It was an orphan dynasty team that I took over for at a fraction of the price, so it ain't perfect by any means. I guess I just like bones of the team, being that there are young studs at each position to work with. 

I'll likely try to accumulate picks via trade w/ veterans like Hopkins/Chubb/Diggs and aim for a larger rebuild next off-season with at least a regular amount of picks.

Really good bones, it's not far off. Most leagues TE doesn't really matter much anyway, I would focus on finding a 3rd qb somehow.. (Wilson will certainly start somewhere next year)

Breece Hall is at a peak value, I'd consider seeing what you could get. Youth can be over rated in dynasty.. imo

13 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

I would not make the move for Mclaurin.  If anything add draft capital using Hopkins or Diggs.  I think the team is solid but not having a top pick is tough for building onto it. I also might consider moving Chubb given you have Hall and Walker who I really like and he is aging for a RB.  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Where could Toney get traded to that could salvage his career, Miami maybe? Denver?  Which coach could use him if Reed can’t?

To me he's not worth a roster spot anymore. Bozo idiota like Claypool or Josh Gordon