2023 Off-season Thread

tyler735

On 8/2/2023 at 3:25 PM, jcvoodoo said:

Why do still hang on to Peat?

Same reason as Terron, too expensive to cut and he has moments when healthy where he's actually really good.  That and no better options on the roster.  We let Terron go and got Penning, though he had an unfortunate injury to limit his rookie season.  I'm pretty sure Saldiveri is going to end up being Peat's replacement in a year or so when cutting Peat makes financial success and we can verify that he can takeover the spot without any issues.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 2:25 PM, jcvoodoo said:

Why do still hang on to Peat?

The only thing predictable about Peat is that he WILL get hurt and miss time. The trick is when.

I personally thought he was overrated from the beginning. He's talented, but fragile, and is on the wrong side of time when it comes to healing and being healthy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

The only thing predictable about Peat is that he WILL get hurt and miss time. The trick is when.

I personally thought he was overrated from the beginning. He's talented, but fragile, and is on the wrong side of time when it comes to healing and being healthy.

He's the "Mr. Glass" of football.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Will Lucas Krull make the practice squad?

He should! He's a big body, and knows how to work with the QB.
That said, I haven't watched much preseason, so I don't know if he can block, and he's dropped a few sure passes, but that's what rookies do.

I like his attitude, for sure!

Surprised we cut Roby. Thought he provided good depth for us even if he wasn't the starting slot CB. We feel really thin at CB now that he's been released.

I'm also surprised we're going with an all-rookie special teams room. Figured the kicking battle was close, but Lutz would get the nod because of experience.

Every other cut made sense for the most part. 

On 8/29/2023 at 8:54 PM, JMG5 said:

Surprised we cut Roby. Thought he provided good depth for us even if he wasn't the starting slot CB. We feel really thin at CB now that he's been released.

I'm also surprised we're going with an all-rookie special teams room. Figured the kicking battle was close, but Lutz would get the nod because of experience.

Every other cut made sense for the most part. 

I was also surprised at Roby and the kicker & punter. 
That said, I like that DA isn't afraid to make a move toward better, rather than just sticking with comfort. 
Maybe Sean Payton will sign all 3...